Clark County School District Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

2.2

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Guest Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple Interview process. The actual interview took about 5 minutes and I was asked 4 questions. However, beware of the process you need to go through in order to actually sub once you have been "hired". You have to complete numerous online training videos (on your own time), pay for your own background ($60) and obtain a sub license ($160).

High School History Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Standard interview for a teacher on the district level. Bunch of people in a waiting room waiting for their turn to interview. Interview took no more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a teacher?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at main building; check in with reception, then wait at what they called "interview row." One by one, you get called in for a brief interview. The interview process was pretty easy and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me 4 questions:
      1) Why do you want this position?
      2) What would you do if the regular classroom teacher did not leave a lesson plan for you?
      3) How would you handle disruptive student/s?
      4) What experience/education do you have that relates?   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked questions about experience with behavior management, aba, dtt, etc.
    asked questions about my daily routine, how I would respond to a difficult student, how I would involve parents, how I would tier different activities for students, etc.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interviewed with the school principal and school librarian. Was given a sheet with questions to bring to interview. While waiting was giving another sheet with questions. Just a few and very simple.

Interview Questions

• Basic. Employment history. Why do you want to work here? Questions regarding working with children. Librarian asked if I could handle the physical demands of the job (this is a tell). Fun interview - principal asked what character from TV or movies do you relate to and why? Interview lasted under an hour.   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

THE HIRING PROCESS IS LONG. Then to get hired the gave me Id and orientation paper then they do back ground check and something came on my background from twenty eight years ago and it was drop .I show proof that it was drop
    They did not hire me .I was very disappointed. Im going to reapply.

Interview Questions

• How will you be a access to this job.   1 Answer
    • ARE YOU WILLING TO STAND LONG PERIOD.   1 Answer

First Aid Safety Assistant Floater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I was a within district hire for this position. I previously had a floating position in the district, but that was within the special education department so I wasn't sure the health services division would hire me. I had come to the health services division for the interview and two coordinators had interviewed me. They conducted the interview as a team and were very interested in me as person and also my work ethic. My previous experience floating within the district especially helped me to obtain my position.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable assisting medically fragile or medically dependent student such as diabetics?
      What are your goals/plans with your career in the school district?
      Do you feel comfortable administering prescription medication to students?
      Are you flexible enough to go to a different school site every day and that possibly changing at any moment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard. Once they verify your contact and references, you would get a call to come in for an interview. Interview is pretty easy, a few questions about classroom scenarios etc

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview for substitute teacher was very quick and easy. It only lasted about 15 minutes total. The questions were very simple and straightforward. The staff at the front desk as well as the the woman who interviewed me were very friendly and helpful. It was a comfortable and professional environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do in a situation where a student is misbehaving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2015.

Interview

The CCSD interview process begins after you have made application to be a substitute teacher either online or in-person at one of the District’s hiring events. For me it took the District about 45 days before I got the email with instructions to schedule my interview appointment. I then scheduled my interview for the following week.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they asked me was how I would handle a situation where a student had become disruptive in class.   1 Answer