Clark County School District Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clark County School District Teacher Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Snohomish, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Snohomish, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

HR dept called to set up an interview then I agree and held the interview with a group/panel of professionals. I felt relaxed and comfortable with the interviews and even added some jokes to lighten up the mood. Great interview and wonderful teachers.

Interview Questions

• How do I collect data on my students   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Clark County School District

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a fairly pleasant interview. I interviewed with the assistant principal. She was very nice and friendly. I felt comfortable during the process and felt real good about the experience. I was offered the job after the first interview on the spot. I accepted the job after a brief consideration period of one day.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied over the internet for a position. Within a few days they called to setup a skype interview. During the skype interview they offered me the job. I started work in August, it was very quick!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with two or three classes at a time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

Varies on the school. Some schools are in desperate need of teachers. Others are more competitive. The school I interviewed for consisted of a phone interview, panel interview, and modeling a lesson. Another school I interviewed for only consisted of a phone interview. I suggest researching the school beforehand to gauge how the interview will be.

Interview Questions

• How are you in working in a team? Are you open to feedback?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

I was hired and placed through Teach For America. This involved being admitted to Teach For America, attending a hiring fair, and being interviewed by multiple CCSD employees. The interview questions were mostly "fit" questions and the interviewers were all HS & district administrators.

It was a round-robin style interview. I spoke with two principals, one assistant princicpal, and one CCSD supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with the assistant principal during summer break. Another teacher I knew referred me to this position. We talked for about 30 minutes. Some of the other questions were: where do you see yourself in 5 years, how do you plan to insure student learning, how are you at working with a group or team and what is the most difficult situation you have ever dealt with in a classroom, and how did you handle it.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to handle difficult students?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Teacher salary schedules are set in Nevada.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with a principal of an elementary school, I showed her my Resume, she had me talk about myself, then she had me answer a number of questions. I showed her examples and pictures of my previous classroom, lesson plan examples, and activities/fundraisers/events that I participated in at previous school(s). I also provided her a List of References, List of School Committees (involved in), List of Extra-Curricular Actuvities (involved in), and Letters of Reccommendation.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you teach to different learning levels in the classroom?
      Q: What is your Behavior Plan?
      Q: How do you conduct class management?
      Q: What do you do to prepare for the next school day?
      Q: Why should we hire you?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate as they determine start date, position, salary determined by years of experience and education (degree(s) earned and number of credits above degrees, and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with principal and vice principal on site and answered questions about training and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Las Vegas, NM) in May 2008.

Interview

As with any large district the task was daunting. Many phases and hoop to jump through

Interview Questions

• when did you know you wanted to become a teacher?   Answer Question
    • do you have any questions for me? (several times)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not, Teachers are generally paid on a scale based on years worked and education.

Anonymous Employee in Overton, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark County School District (Overton, NV) in May 2008.

Interview

The principal was already familiar with me. He had many recommendations to hire me from other people. The only question was if I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a standard teacher salary. There is no negotiating, you just take what they offer.