Classic Party Rentals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.6

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals (Napa, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through a recruiter, then they said there was no jobs, then the recruiter called and asked how it went?!?! I thought it was ridiculous that they had no clue and that I was then asked to go back for another attempt at an interview....

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals in October 2016.

Interview

Interview went well. I was informed about the sales job available and how the structure works. First 7-12 months you are a rookie and are supposed to bring in sales while also learning the industry and job function. There are no set sales territories and you can sell outside of your sales office if the customer you sell to has multiple locations. After you get through your rookie term, you are then paid based on tiers.

Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals.

Interview

It's not that hard. They're not looking for the perfect candidate. If they realize that you want to work a lot - you'll get that job for sure. HR was very nice to me and she was trying to explain everything to me during the interview. She asked me to complete drug test afterwards.

Administration/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals (Memphis, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Job Fair, 4 hours in duration for the day. Preliminary paper work for job center. Then, groups of job seekers lead into meeting room for company overview. Overview of Warehouse, Driver, Linen room, and Dish room. Next, Accounting, Administration and Sales overview. After overview, questions taken from audience. Next, anyone that was interested was encourage to fill-out an application and return it to the Party Rental Recruiters/Staff. I was the only candidate that had a resume and was interested in the 'Office' positions. I asked what the timeframe was for each opened position. I was told, Warehouse and its company extensions will be hiring within 2 weeks. Office positions processes are expected to require at least 6 weeks. Entire presentation was professional, informative, realistic and personable.

Interview Questions

• Are you a client, from a competitor, or....?   1 Answer

Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals (El Segundo, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process was simple, I applied online and got a call from the Recruiter a few days later. I went in for an interview and met with the Regional HR Manager. I thought the interview went well (asked the usual interview questions) and sent a thank you email afterwards. Did not get a response to that. I followed up about 2 weeks later to see if they were close to making to a decision. That was over a month ago and I still never received a response. Found it unprofessional that I never got a reply back.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Arrived to meet with the branch manager who was nice enough but I knew immediately he was looking for a different candidate. During the interview, he mentioned that he already had five female saleswomen so it was quite apparent he was looking for a male. It was borderline inappropriate--if not totally inappropriate--to mention that.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your challenges? What do you see yourself wanting to improve upon?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in McCook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals (McCook, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Many phono interviews and then meeting with both the inside sales manager and the director of sales. The next step was to meet with the general manager in a almost trick question type interview set up. From there met with HR and then finally an offer letter. After that it still was another week or two till I could start.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals.

Interview

Very slow and not engaging.

Negotiation

None

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewer talked about the job duties and asked very few about my qualifications. I also met with outside sales team. Everyone was friendly, but asked very few questions. They didn't bother contacting my references, so I assumed they just hired who had the most sales experience on their resumes.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Classic Party Rentals (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied randomly and 6 months later got a call asking if I was still looking for a job. I was on vacation at the time. We set up a date for me to go in once I got back. We spoke face to face it was a quick maybe 20 minute discussion. 2 hours later I got a call and got a job offer. I accepted the first offer, looking back I wish I would of negotiated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.