Classy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a very positive interview experience at Classy. From the time I was contacted for an initial phone screening, to the time I received an offer, there was consistent communication from the recruiting manager. I went through a half-hour phone interview with the recruiting manager, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then moved on to an in-person interview at their office downtown, which was about 2 hours in duration. The in-person interview was a great experience - everyone was really friendly, and while they asked a variety of great questions, they also left time for me to ask about the position and really understand what my role would be like.

Just from my short time spent in their office with a few of the employees, I know I would have enjoyed working for Classy. Unfortunately after they offered me the position I received a financial incentive from my current employer to stay on and complete the project I'm leading, and I couldn't pass it up. Even with that, it was a very difficult decision not to accept Classy's offer, because I know I would've had a wonderful experience there. I highly recommend applying to, and interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions

• Why Classy?   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a problem you've encountered during a project, and what you did to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I found Classy online and fell in love. I applied online, followed up with an email highlighting the top 3 data-driven reasons why I was qualified for the role, and heard back pretty quickly.

I had an initial phone interview for about 30-40 minutes, followed by 2 rounds of onsites. My first onsite was with just the People team, and the second was with a few managers throughout the company.

Lead Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. It consisted of a screening call, a video call, and a four hour, in-person interview with two rounds focusing on behavior/personal culture fit and two rounds focusing technical. Very standard overall with outstanding communication from both the recruiter and hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A quick phone screen to make sure everyone is on the same page and to set expectations, a 1:1 with the hiring manager and a follow up 3 hour interview (3 one hour sessions with different people) including a general technical assessment and culture fit evaluation. I got a take home problem to complete over the weekend.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Classy?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Classy.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and set up a 30 minute chat where I was a lot of behavioral questions. Some of them were pretty typical, like tell me about your background, hard projects, teamwork, etc. Some of them were unexpected and caught me off guard, like tell me 3 things you want to improve on, either personally or professionally. After this chat, I had an hour long interview with the CTO where we talked about our backgrounds and went through the Monty Python question. Finally, I had 3 Skype interviews with 3 engineers where they mainly asked behavioral questions, which surprised me because I kinda expected some technical questions. I thought they went well, but ultimately got rejected for some reason.

Interview Questions

• Monty Python, questions about projects and most technically challenging problem and teamwork, why do you want to work at Classy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a job fair at UCSD, spoke with Mike, the CTO. Got a callback for a short (30 minute) interview on campus, then got another callback for a 3-hour interview at their downtown SD office, with people on the software development team.

Interview Questions

• At the short technical interview, how to solve the Monty Hall problem, then how to prove it with code.
      At the long interview, was asked simple array-based questions and because I had some web design on my resume, was asked to replicate the design of a web page   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Classy.

Interview

My interview started out great, but in the end was incredibly disappointing. I applied to a job through the Classy website, and soon after was invited to a phone interview. During the call, the manager invited me to come to the office for an in-person interview. We set a date and time, with the promise that the manager would confirm the interview in the next few days. After I didn't hear from the office, I sent numerous emails and called (the voicemail inbox was full so I couldn't leave a message). I got no response. I decided to go to the interview at the previously agreed time, figuring I had nothing to lose. It wasn't until I was driving to the offices downtown that I got a message, saying the interview was postponed (this was 15 minutes before said interview was to take place), with the promise of rescheduling our meeting. After more emails and no answered phone calls, the position was filled. I never got so much as a "thanks for applying, the job went to someone else". I really wanted to work here and I had high hopes for the company, but their unprofessional actions make me question the type of people they employ.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I learned about Classy through a mutual connection and voiced my interest. Within a few days a member of the people team reached out to me to setup an interview. After the first interview over the phone, they set me up with two Skype interviews with management. Shortly after that, the recruiter recapped the conversations and moved me into another Skype interview with the VP of Sales. Days after the interview I received and accepted an offer. All interviews were done via Skype as I was remote and couldn't do in person.

Interview Questions

• Why were you chosen amongst your peers to be promoted in your previous role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing! Alex Fancher is an incredible recruiter - asks really in-depth questions to get you thinking about the type of employee you are, and want to be. She takes the time to really understand where you come from and above all, if Classy is the place for you. Throughout the entire process Alex made me feel that it was important for this to be a mutual decision - and I am SO thrilled it was!

The face-to-face onsite interviews were just as exciting. Allie at the front desk is the PERFECT way to start your process, as she is just a ray of sunshine and makes you feel so warm and welcomed from the get-go. The actual interview itself was challenging in the best ways possible. Several scenario-based questions, and again, the managers really take their time to learn how you "tick".

Interview Questions

Classy Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Sr. People Operations Specialist

Thank you for the positive feedback and props to the People Team! We're really glad to hear the interview process was enjoyable, challenging, and thorough. Thanks for making the decision to join the... More

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Hands down the best and smoothest interview process I've ever been through! There was immediate follow-up at every level, and they were able to make the process very thorough without dragging it out over an extended period of time. The entire people team was great and extremely responsive. I had a ton of questions since I was coming from outside the tech and NPO space, and they always got back to me right away. They are selective about who they hire and make sure that the prospects get a chance to meet a lot of people before a final decision is made. The process and the people I met throughout it made my decision to accept the offer a no-brainer.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of asking me how my previous experience will translate into a sector I have little to no experience in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Such a seamless process - especially in comparison to other companies. I had an initial phone interview with HR, then was asked back for an in-person interview with a couple of the Sales Managers. The last step was a meeting with the VP of Sales. I received my offer letter later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Historical sales experience - were metrics achieved/goals hit?   Answer Question