Clayton Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Clayton Homes

2.6

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in November 2018.

Interview

Long process, involved 3 interviews, one by phone, and two in person. Took over a month to get hired, then was only given 4 days for training...that was VERY stressful. Trying to remember everything you learned in 4 short days and then making calls was difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle an upset customer, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

just one in person interview. straight forward and easy. one phone call interview that was just a screening. than an in person interview with two people. then I can back with an interview with the manager when they offered the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to handle a customer that was unhappy and what did you do?   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The hiring process started off with two over the phone interviews that were trying to gauge your interest. We had one in person interview. They asked me basic general interview question. One of the interviewers was very probing.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Email from recruiter, telephone interview with recruiter, face to face brief interview with HR, telephone interview with manager, group/panel interview, hiring process: extensive background check, send reference forms to be completed and returned, off site drug/tox screening, brief orientation with HR

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through my university. A couple days later I received a call telling me they were interested in interviewing me. I went in and spoke with 4 people over about 2 hours. It was basic interview questions. Everyone was very nice and I had an overall positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?

...there weren't many curveballs   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes in March 2014.

Interview

The internship interview wasn't bad. The questions were very conversational. "Tell me a time when..." "Describe how you handled a similar situation to..." Most questions were resume based, regarding previous work and involvement.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when working in a group was difficult? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial HR rep call, then call with IT HR rep, phone call with small section of SharePoint group, Caliper test, then in-person interview with group (including supervisor), waited for other interviews. kept waiting for a response from company or recruiter and got neither. recruiter stopped trying after a month. position is no longer listed. Overall interview process was fine. My only issue was spending 3+ months of investing time and never got a single follow up post-interview.

Interview Questions

• They had a non-sharepoint programmer sit in on the interview that did the classic standard 10 question grilling of random terminology and syntax.   1 Answer
    • There was the classic "do you have any questions for us?"   1 Answer
    • They asked about my sharepoint experience in every job where I had it.   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

1 phone and 1 personal. Phone call was with intern, pretty basic. Second was with managers. That one was a little more intimidating. But overall positive experience. I was offered the job at the second interview

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle having to potentially kick someone out of their home?   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

They requested a phone screen 2 business days after receiving my resume. We had the phone screen (technical interview) 2 business days after that. I received and completed the Caliper Assessment that day (mostly personality questions but some non-trivial pattern inference questions too [numbers and shapes]). They requested an on-site interview 2 business days after that. We had the on-site interview the next business day. Three groups of people interviewed me (3 people, then 5 people, then 2 people) over a two-hour period. It was mostly non-technical. I received a written offer 6 business days later.

After accepting the offer, there is a background check and drug screen (in serial order) which took 5 business days and 3 business days respectively. Internal processes take 1 to 2 weeks to complete before a new hire can come aboard. HR kicks off these processes once they have an official start date. If one provides an official start date before beginning the background check, the internal processes can run in parallel.

Interview Questions

• From the perspective of Entity Framework, what is the difference between the ObjectContext and the DbContext?   Answer Question
    • What are the steps involved in implementing a new WCF service?   Answer Question
    • What is IDisposable? When would you implement it? How would you use something that implements IDisposable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating salary. The hiring manager was willing, but the formalized pay scale ended up proving to be made of concrete. COBRA reimbursement (for the 90 day probationary period) and PTO were somewhat negotiable.

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

I had an interview set up by a recruiting firm that really didn't take my qualifications into any account. I never heard back from the recruiter or the company. Was asked to sit with other technicians to get a feel for the position.

Interview Questions

• so what kind of questions do you have for me   2 Answers