Clayton Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clayton Homes Interview Questions

2.6

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

They requested a phone screen 2 business days after receiving my resume. We had the phone screen (technical interview) 2 business days after that. I received and completed the Caliper Assessment that day (mostly personality questions but some non-trivial pattern inference questions too [numbers and shapes]). They requested an on-site interview 2 business days after that. We had the on-site interview the next business day. Three groups of people interviewed me (3 people, then 5 people, then 2 people) over a two-hour period. It was mostly non-technical. I received a written offer 6 business days later.

After accepting the offer, there is a background check and drug screen (in serial order) which took 5 business days and 3 business days respectively. Internal processes take 1 to 2 weeks to complete before a new hire can come aboard. HR kicks off these processes once they have an official start date. If one provides an official start date before beginning the background check, the internal processes can run in parallel.

Interview Questions

• From the perspective of Entity Framework, what is the difference between the ObjectContext and the DbContext?   Answer Question
    • What are the steps involved in implementing a new WCF service?   Answer Question
    • What is IDisposable? When would you implement it? How would you use something that implements IDisposable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating salary. The hiring manager was willing, but the formalized pay scale ended up proving to be made of concrete. COBRA reimbursement (for the 90 day probationary period) and PTO were somewhat negotiable.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

Basic. Like any other interview. Nothing special. Simply prepare as if you would any other interview and dress the part. It's not difficult. There is high turn over

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

1 phone and 1 personal. Phone call was with intern, pretty basic. Second was with managers. That one was a little more intimidating. But overall positive experience. I was offered the job at the second interview

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle having to potentially kick someone out of their home?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

It was two interviews and a dinner with management. Interviews were conducted onsite and in one day. Very informal setting. A Caliber test is used to determine suitability for sales. They do not have to go by the results strictly.

Interview Questions

• None other general experience questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was entertained. Salary is standard. Commission rate is standard.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial HR rep call, then call with IT HR rep, phone call with small section of SharePoint group, Caliper test, then in-person interview with group (including supervisor), waited for other interviews. kept waiting for a response from company or recruiter and got neither. recruiter stopped trying after a month. position is no longer listed. Overall interview process was fine. My only issue was spending 3+ months of investing time and never got a single follow up post-interview.

Interview Questions

• They had a non-sharepoint programmer sit in on the interview that did the classic standard 10 question grilling of random terminology and syntax.   1 Answer
    • There was the classic "do you have any questions for us?"   1 Answer
    • They asked about my sharepoint experience in every job where I had it.   1 Answer

Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Texarkana, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

You have to pass a personality test. You have a phone screening. Then you have at least two interviews. Drug test and background check. Interviews were very long, so plan ahead. Both of mine were roughly 2-3 hours each. They also will give you a run down of do's and don'ts per company policy, the commission scale, the work schedule, and also give you some handy product knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about past work history. Very conversational, otherwise.   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The hiring process started off with two over the phone interviews that were trying to gauge your interest. We had one in person interview. They asked me basic general interview question. One of the interviewers was very probing.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Email from recruiter, telephone interview with recruiter, face to face brief interview with HR, telephone interview with manager, group/panel interview, hiring process: extensive background check, send reference forms to be completed and returned, off site drug/tox screening, brief orientation with HR

Home Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR rep within two hours. Did a preliminary interview over the phone. Did a second one. Then was emailed a link to perform their psychological assessment (CALIPER.) That took 30 minutes. After passing that, I interviewed with the General Manager. Then interviewed with the Regional Manager. Then took the background and drug screen. To be honest, I thought it was ALOT for a sales position but am glad I did it. Took about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty straight forward. Wanted to know my opinion about my past experience with sales processes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't any negotiation. Their pay plan is pretty straight forward. (Production Based)

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

I had an interview set up by a recruiting firm that really didn't take my qualifications into any account. I never heard back from the recruiter or the company. Was asked to sit with other technicians to get a feel for the position.

Interview Questions

• so what kind of questions do you have for me   2 Answers