Clayton Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.5

Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Falls, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Redwood Falls, MN) in November 2009.

Interview

You will be required to take the Clayton Homes Caliper Test which is about 2 hours long. You will then have to do another interview with the Corporate Management after your interview with the local plant you applied to. It will take the Corporate Management about 8-12 weeks to decide on whether to hire you. If hired, you will have a background check done along with a drug test.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult point I experienced from the corporate management interview was, "Based on your caliper test, you are not suppose to be in sales". I really didn't know how to reply to that due to having a resume the shows positive results in sales and recruiting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. You either take what they offer or keep on looking for other work.

Health and Wellness Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online but did already know someone who I would be working with. Phone Interview(long,2.5hrs, b/c the manager at the time was a real chatty kathy), Group Interview with HR execs, 1:1 with each department staff member

Interview Questions

• What drives you to do what you do for a living?   1 Answer

Wellness Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clayton Homes in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online but the hiring manager knew me as I currently worked at a fitness facility she was a member of. Initially had a lengthy phone interview as my hiring manager loved to talk. After that I had 2 different onsite interviews. 1 with all of my future supervisor superiors and a 2nd with my future coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Not really any too much. Just the usual, "why should we pick you over another candidate?".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much. It was pretty competitive with other local opportunities plus a generous quarterly bonus.

Regional Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Knoxville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the lead recruiter, who I had known from a previous employer. The second step was to be an hour long interview with her boss, the VP of HR. When we met, he was somewhat in a hurry, did not ask me many questions about a previous job that was very similar and did not seem that engaged in the interview. I was told that they were initially speaking to 4 individuals that they had singled out, me being one of those, and that they were going to pick 2 from that group to do an assessment and to do a panel interview. I was e-mailed a week later and told I was not selected and that they were going to proceed with another candidate. Then 2 days later, they posted the job online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you supported your clients when you where with "x"? (which was 3 jobs ago.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clayton Homes in February 2011.

Interview

The interviews were harder than others I have done. I interviewed with several people within the department; the questions were tougher than average but the dialog was informative. Great hiring process after accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when (insert very specific situation) and how you worked to resolve it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaver, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Beaver, WV) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called by a representative from Maryville, TN who asked me questions over the phone I was then called for an interview at the store which I applied. After about a week and a half I was called back for a second interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not very specific. It was more of a conversation.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Email from recruiter, telephone interview with recruiter, face to face brief interview with HR, telephone interview with manager, group/panel interview, hiring process: extensive background check, send reference forms to be completed and returned, off site drug/tox screening, brief orientation with HR

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

They requested a phone screen 2 business days after receiving my resume. We had the phone screen (technical interview) 2 business days after that. I received and completed the Caliper Assessment that day (mostly personality questions but some non-trivial pattern inference questions too [numbers and shapes]). They requested an on-site interview 2 business days after that. We had the on-site interview the next business day. Three groups of people interviewed me (3 people, then 5 people, then 2 people) over a two-hour period. It was mostly non-technical. I received a written offer 6 business days later.

After accepting the offer, there is a background check and drug screen (in serial order) which took 5 business days and 3 business days respectively. Internal processes take 1 to 2 weeks to complete before a new hire can come aboard. HR kicks off these processes once they have an official start date. If one provides an official start date before beginning the background check, the internal processes can run in parallel.

Interview Questions

• From the perspective of Entity Framework, what is the difference between the ObjectContext and the DbContext?   Answer Question
    • What are the steps involved in implementing a new WCF service?   Answer Question
    • What is IDisposable? When would you implement it? How would you use something that implements IDisposable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating salary. The hiring manager was willing, but the formalized pay scale ended up proving to be made of concrete. COBRA reimbursement (for the 90 day probationary period) and PTO were somewhat negotiable.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

Basic. Like any other interview. Nothing special. Simply prepare as if you would any other interview and dress the part. It's not difficult. There is high turn over

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Asheville, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with the recruiter. Next interview was with Store Manager and then the final interview was with the regional manager. Asked general interview questions. Be comfortable and yourself during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales experience do you have? What qualities do you believe will make you a successful sales associate?   Answer Question