Clayton Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clayton Homes Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through my university. A couple days later I received a call telling me they were interested in interviewing me. I went in and spoke with 4 people over about 2 hours. It was basic interview questions. Everyone was very nice and I had an overall positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?

...there weren't many curveballs   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clayton Homes in January 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by several company employees including the regional manager. I was ask how far I wanted to go with Clayton Homes, If I would be interested in management position , what my goals were,if I enjoyed working with other people,how I worked under pressure and if I was willing to work long hours to accomplish my goals and do what is best for the company.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be honest

Home Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

I applied for a position with Clayton Homes 5 months ago. I ended communications with them due to the fact that I took a position with another company. Out of he blue I recieved an email asking me if I was interested in a position as a home sales consultant and if so please send us your updated resume. I returned my resume and recieved a phone call from a recruiter within Clayton homes. We had a brief phone interview asking me the basic interview questions such as explain your career path in sales, what do you like about sales, how do you feel about advancement and would you relocate, etc... Realy very basic. I have been a hiring manager for the last 10 years and I have never given an interview so easy. Next I was sent an assesment to take online. There were various types of questions anging from what would you do in a situation to mathamatical type questions. Simular to a profile assesment and an IQ test. After I passed this exam I was then called by the recruiter to set up an interview with the general manager. Again another easy interview. Though I have been in sales for quite some time I basically lead the interview. I was prepared and had a two page list of questions. I do not think the general manager was prepared for this. Hint to all always come prepared to your interview, do research on any company you are interviewing with. After about a 30 minute interview I was called yet again by the recruiter to schedule an interview with the district manager. It was last minute but I made it happen. This interview lasted 15 minutes tops. The district manager looked at my resume and we went over my job history, he then pulled my assessment scores and said we will be in touch. The next day I got an email from the corporate office requesting references. I sent the references in and two days later I was sent an email to take a drug screening. I took the drug screening the next day and the following day I was offered a position. Again this was a very easy process to get hired. I have worked for national companies all my life and have never had an easier time to get through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What have you brought to the table to increase your sales with your current company?   1 Answer

I have not declined nor accepted the position. I am going to negotiate some vacation time that I have planned as well as working hours and days off.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes in October 2011.

Interview

Didn't take too long, maybe 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They weren't able to offer the money I wanted but they were flexible on scheduling.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

Basic and easy. Was interviewed in a group setting with two managers. Not very impressed with the questions. One manager did not seem genuine and asked a bunch of off the wall questions non related to the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

just one in person interview. straight forward and easy. one phone call interview that was just a screening. than an in person interview with two people. then I can back with an interview with the manager when they offered the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to handle a customer that was unhappy and what did you do?   Answer Question

Help Desk/Security Analyst/.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to college job fair the people like me gave them my resume. Got contacted by HR a week or so later. Did behavior interview with them 30 min phone. Then a few weeks later was invited to interview at the corporate office. Interviewed for two jobs at once, my situation wasn't normal I doubt you will have to do this. It was relaxed and nice. The people there really know what they are doing and the office is amazing. Was there for 1 hour was more of a technical interview. Then I was told Id here something by a specific date.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Clayton
      Tell me about yourself
      What are your interests   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clayton Homes in February 2008.

Interview

met with upper management and other general managers and also the recruiter for the general area. Took a basic personality, sales aptitude test and then had to fill out everything else on line. Everything mostly handled on line or over the phone. Was a structured process with no surprises

Interview Questions

• relate challenges at previous and how i handled and resolved them. What is my best quality   Answer Question

Negotiation

cut and dried, no negotiation except on start date and maybe location

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Richmond, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick initial application followed by phone call , full application, Assessment Test and reference check and finally interview. I was surprised that no one from the Company bothered to say thanks but we went for another applicant, thanks for applying or anything. Manager did not return call.

Interview Questions

• Went over my assessment test. Some general questions about my experience. Went over the same questions in the phone interview (how do you handle rejection, etc).   1 Answer

Home Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR rep within two hours. Did a preliminary interview over the phone. Did a second one. Then was emailed a link to perform their psychological assessment (CALIPER.) That took 30 minutes. After passing that, I interviewed with the General Manager. Then interviewed with the Regional Manager. Then took the background and drug screen. To be honest, I thought it was ALOT for a sales position but am glad I did it. Took about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty straight forward. Wanted to know my opinion about my past experience with sales processes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't any negotiation. Their pay plan is pretty straight forward. (Production Based)