Clayton Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.5

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

I would advise anyone to strongly consider if they want to waste their time interviewing for this position with this company. These guys and the VP who would be your boss do not know how to conduct interviews. Also, the VP doesn't know what it is he wants and is very likely to waste your time. They would have been fortunate to have someone of my caliber willing to move to Maryville, TN but also to blind to even recognize this. Big waste of time of my time (including a 3 hour personality test) and my money.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your energy level when handling a task you enjoy?   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Eden, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I went to a open interview. I was the first one there, 20 minutes early. When I left, there were already 3 others sitting outside waiting. The interview was fairly casual and I personally felt I did well. There wasn't typical interview questions asked, it was more conversational.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaver, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Beaver, WV) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called by a representative from Maryville, TN who asked me questions over the phone I was then called for an interview at the store which I applied. After about a week and a half I was called back for a second interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not very specific. It was more of a conversation.   1 Answer

Help Desk/Security Analyst/.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to college job fair the people like me gave them my resume. Got contacted by HR a week or so later. Did behavior interview with them 30 min phone. Then a few weeks later was invited to interview at the corporate office. Interviewed for two jobs at once, my situation wasn't normal I doubt you will have to do this. It was relaxed and nice. The people there really know what they are doing and the office is amazing. Was there for 1 hour was more of a technical interview. Then I was told Id here something by a specific date.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Clayton
      Tell me about yourself
      What are your interests   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Email from recruiter, telephone interview with recruiter, face to face brief interview with HR, telephone interview with manager, group/panel interview, hiring process: extensive background check, send reference forms to be completed and returned, off site drug/tox screening, brief orientation with HR

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

They requested a phone screen 2 business days after receiving my resume. We had the phone screen (technical interview) 2 business days after that. I received and completed the Caliper Assessment that day (mostly personality questions but some non-trivial pattern inference questions too [numbers and shapes]). They requested an on-site interview 2 business days after that. We had the on-site interview the next business day. Three groups of people interviewed me (3 people, then 5 people, then 2 people) over a two-hour period. It was mostly non-technical. I received a written offer 6 business days later.

After accepting the offer, there is a background check and drug screen (in serial order) which took 5 business days and 3 business days respectively. Internal processes take 1 to 2 weeks to complete before a new hire can come aboard. HR kicks off these processes once they have an official start date. If one provides an official start date before beginning the background check, the internal processes can run in parallel.

Interview Questions

• From the perspective of Entity Framework, what is the difference between the ObjectContext and the DbContext?   Answer Question
    • What are the steps involved in implementing a new WCF service?   Answer Question
    • What is IDisposable? When would you implement it? How would you use something that implements IDisposable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating salary. The hiring manager was willing, but the formalized pay scale ended up proving to be made of concrete. COBRA reimbursement (for the 90 day probationary period) and PTO were somewhat negotiable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes in March 2014.

Interview

The internship interview wasn't bad. The questions were very conversational. "Tell me a time when..." "Describe how you handled a similar situation to..." Most questions were resume based, regarding previous work and involvement.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when working in a group was difficult? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online but did already know someone who I would be working with. Phone Interview(long,2.5hrs, b/c the manager at the time was a real chatty kathy), Group Interview with HR execs, 1:1 with each department staff member

Interview Questions

• What drives you to do what you do for a living?   1 Answer

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clayton Homes (Maryville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

just one in person interview. straight forward and easy. one phone call interview that was just a screening. than an in person interview with two people. then I can back with an interview with the manager when they offered the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to handle a customer that was unhappy and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Interview

Basic. Like any other interview. Nothing special. Simply prepare as if you would any other interview and dress the part. It's not difficult. There is high turn over

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question