Clean Harbors Class A Driver, Liquid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clean Harbors Class A Driver, Liquid Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Bakersfield, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The bakersfied location management was good and professional. Very safety oriented. Good steady and consistent hours. Coming from an oil fields back ground that was a huge concern of mine.
I'll bee away from home for a few day but I'll manage. Regardless what negative comments I've read online regarding this company. I'm cofident that it work out as long as you do what you told and and take pride in what you do.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Clean Harbors

Anonymous Employee in Cross Lanes, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clean Harbors (Cross Lanes, WV) in May 2010.

Interview

Process is usually a long one. My app was rushed through within a couple weeks but anyone else I seen getting hired took a month or longer and up to 3 months. Having some of the required classes such as HAZWOPER could help your chances of getting started with a paycheck quicker. Also they don't pay your hourly rate to go to the week long 40 hour HAZWOPER class....I was paid $400 for the whole week which wasn't discussed before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you available 24/7 365 days a year   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would highly suggest asking for anything higher than they give you cause usually they offer a very low starting rate and promise raises that you will never see. Go big!

Class A Driver, Liquid Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clean Harbors in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring process took about a six weeks. Everyone was friendly and the interview consisted of of questions about driving experience. I was not expected to be available 365 days a year, nor did the handbook state that. Pay is higher when driver seeks hazardous materials endorsement. I received support and all questions were answered during the new hire process. Will update as needed.

Interview Questions

• What types of trucks have you driven?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Look, this economy is horrible. I was given a great offer, considering the market and that this is my first gig at a company like this. I also noticed the the employee who referred me was happy with his job and so were others that I met. The benefits are considerably better than many industries out there and cost effective for a family. I'm grateful to have a job like this so I guess it's all about perception.