Clear Channel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clear Channel Interview Questions

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, a days worth of multiple interviews for 2-3 different times. Be yourself and get ready to meet majority of the sales managers. The sales managers are nice to meet. Some are intimidating but they're nice when you first meet them.

Promotions Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview

It was a fairly quick hiring process. I had applied via email directly to one of the Promotions Coordinator at the start of the week. I then received a call as an informal interview for general inquiries about basic requirements for the interview. The next day the Promotions Coordinator called to schedule a formal interview in the following 2 days. I was offered the internship that Friday and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with the ability to approach people in a group or crowd?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview

Very unorganized. The interviewer very late because she recently returned from a business trip and was very unorganized. She took calls in the middle of the interview and her thoughts were very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. Just very unorganized interview process.   Answer Question

Traffic Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview

On line application, in person tour and interview. On line application can be saved so only time consuming first time application is submitted on line. The on line application length and difficulty typical of most on line applications, work history, job description, etc. If company is not interested in interviewing you there is no follow-up or correspondence from Human Resources.

Negotiation

Salary stated and not negotiable.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview

Process took around four weeks. I received an email for an interview a month after applying online. After interviewing for the first round with one of the professional recruiting managers, I received an email a couple of days after for a second interview with another. After interviewing with her the following week, she told me that she was going to follow up with an email for an interview in the office, where I would have to do a mock sales situation. This recruiter never had the common courtesy to email or call me back, with me thinking that I would be coming in for an interview that same week.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, name clear channel stations, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had looked at my resume, and he wanted to interview me over the phone so I scheduled that and at the end he told me my interview went great and he would pass me along to the staff who wanted the new employee in NY to see if they wanted to move forward with an interview. A few days later I interviewed with the 4 staff members hiring for the position, I spent about 3 hours total with them and the interview went great. I emailed them all thank yous and two emailed back saying they would be in touch soon and they enjoyed meeting me etc., the recruiter also called me the next day saying that he heard some great things.

About 10 days went by and I did not hear anything back from them, and then got an email saying that everything went well with my interview and the next step in the hiring process was that they needed to do my background check, they sent me forms to fill out, and I did and turned them in later that evening. They confirmed receiving them.

About 2 weeks had gone by and I had not heard anything, so I emailed and called the recruiter to see if there was any info he could share with me. He never responded.

i waited another week and then called the recruiter and left him a voicemail message. Nothing again.

It has now been 5 weeks, almost 6 since I have heard from them after submitting my background check. Note, there is nothing bad on my background that would cause any issues.

I think it is really unprofessional to drag someone around, if you were not hiring them or you have moved on with someone else or another position in said office. It seemed like the recruiter had good communication prior, during and after my interviews with them and the staff, but then went totally MIA.

I have also noticed this job has not popped back up on their job listings, so I wonder if they have chosen to not hire for the position or to eliminate it. Which is fine, and these things happen, but I would have just loved to have actually heard from them after they told me my next step for hiring was the background.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clear Channel.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, Recruiter asked a few questions about me and it I was familiar with the company. Simply just asked me about what I want to do long term. She never explained what the position or any details. Recruiter was difficult to talk to, she made facilitating a conversation difficult.

Digital Marketing Interview

Interview

- Reviewed my resume, set up an interview within a week
    - Interviewed me, 2 bosses
    - Asked me about what marketing is, what my thoughts on iHeartRadio were
    - Marketing Background is a huge plus!
    - Managing social media, Twitter, Facebook, Websites

Interview Questions

• Should be fine if you're aware of music brands like Pandora   Answer Question

Negotiation

This internship was unpaid

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clear Channel in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through company website. Contacted by HR department to set up interview. One interview took place with the Compensation Director over the phone. It seemed to go well, discussed my skills / experience, then offered to answer questions about job/company/expectations.

Interview Questions

• wanted to make sure I had little to no experience in field.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Be proactive with hiring sales manager, call or email with your interest. You will have to meet numerous managers and employees. Be prepared to deliver a presentation on the stations.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you tried to start with a smaller company or smaller market?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Allowed a day to sign the offer letter or the opportunity was gone.