Clear Channel Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Clear Channel Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had looked at my resume, and he wanted to interview me over the phone so I scheduled that and at the end he told me my interview went great and he would pass me along to the staff who wanted the new employee in NY to see if they wanted to move forward with an interview. A few days later I interviewed with the 4 staff members hiring for the position, I spent about 3 hours total with them and the interview went great. I emailed them all thank yous and two emailed back saying they would be in touch soon and they enjoyed meeting me etc., the recruiter also called me the next day saying that he heard some great things.

About 10 days went by and I did not hear anything back from them, and then got an email saying that everything went well with my interview and the next step in the hiring process was that they needed to do my background check, they sent me forms to fill out, and I did and turned them in later that evening. They confirmed receiving them.

About 2 weeks had gone by and I had not heard anything, so I emailed and called the recruiter to see if there was any info he could share with me. He never responded.

i waited another week and then called the recruiter and left him a voicemail message. Nothing again.

It has now been 5 weeks, almost 6 since I have heard from them after submitting my background check. Note, there is nothing bad on my background that would cause any issues.

I think it is really unprofessional to drag someone around, if you were not hiring them or you have moved on with someone else or another position in said office. It seemed like the recruiter had good communication prior, during and after my interviews with them and the staff, but then went totally MIA.

I have also noticed this job has not popped back up on their job listings, so I wonder if they have chosen to not hire for the position or to eliminate it. Which is fine, and these things happen, but I would have just loved to have actually heard from them after they told me my next step for hiring was the background.

Elvis Duran and the Morning Show Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by Carla Marie and Worst Assistant Anthony as David Brody wasn't in that day. The interview was very fun, but I was super nervous to be interviewed by the two as I'm a fan. It definitely showed. They asked cool questions like "Favorite TV shows" and "Favorite artists to listen to". It was very conversational yet, still very intimidating. Over all a very laid back experience if I weren't so excited to be there and afraid of messing up.

Interview Questions

• What skills could you bring to the work place (i.e. HTML coding, video editing, editorial skills)?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Clear Channel (Poughkeepsie, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The front desk receptionist was extremely helpful and friendly. I didn't have to wait longer than 10 minutes and was taken into a very clean office. The interview had a very laid back but professional feel and I never felt uncomfortable. I was interviewed by the Promotions Director and she was extremely nice and I never felt too much pressure, it was more like a conversation than an interview.

Director, Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

First screening with the recruiter out of market on the phone, then presented to the direct hiring manager and later supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Was thrown a "what would you do" scenario that I couldn't tell if it was real or not (it was!) to see what my thinking process would be, reaction, course of action, etc.   1 Answer

Salary too low.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial process stalled with VP of Operations. Restarted with phone interview followed by first round with hiring manager the Sr Project Mgr. Second round on another day with other members of senior technical management, EVP Technology, VP of Operations, Director of Project Mgmt, and CTO

Interview Questions

• Questions about how to implement tech projects. Some big data style questions involving Hadoop. Questions involving how to motivate & manage teams that don't report to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation in salary or compensation. Flexible in start date and on-baording.

Promotion Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I got interviewed with other two candidates at the same time when I went there for interview. After the interview started, the director of their marketing department handed out me a form to fill out, and then starting to ask me questions about my education and background. After that the director started to explain about what their department generally does and what should we do when we work there.

Interview Questions

• What's your plan to increase the numbers of our programs' audiences?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called two months after originally applying and the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview the very next day. The interview was fairly easy with average questions. After that interview, she told me that another recruiter would call for a second interviewer sometime during the week. I was contacted by that recruiter only four days later, and scheduled for another phone interview in three days. That interview was a little harder than the last, but still easy. I was supposed to have another interview in person the next day, but the recruiter failed to call me back or email with information.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the AE position in NYC. The interviewer was cold and peered at me through her glasses the entire time. She was condescending and asked questions about a job I had 13 years ago.

Interview Questions

• She asked if you can name all the NYC radio stations owned by Clear Channel and three artists from each station.   1 Answer

Programming Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I shouldn't even call it an interview as I only got as far as a "phone interview" that lasted 5-10 minutes.

Note to Clear Channel and others....if you only think you might be interested in speaking with candidates, don't bother calling at all. I'd rather have no response after applying for a position, rather than a 5 minute phone call asking me the most generic general questions that gets no useful information out of me pertaining to the job.

Also, please hire more professional recruiters to contact us, rather than a secretary , who sounds like she could care less on the phone about what I am saying, and then gets annoyed that I actually do have some questions to ask after she offers to answer any.

It was a waste of time for me to prepare myself for a potential informative and productive interview when it was clearly useless. It boggles my mind how a candidate was even chosen through this process to go onto the next round. On what criteria were they chosen over me and others??

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clear Channel (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Went through phone round, written test and in-person interview. Spoke with several people at in-person interview. Professional, courteous.