ClearCompany Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ClearCompany Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ClearCompany (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to ClearCompany on Indeed.com as I was attracted to the performance management tool and mission to empower employees through a transparent environment. They reached out via email to set up a brief phone interview a week or two after I applied. During my phone interview, I led the entire conversation and was not sure who was interviewing who. That being said, I thought it went pretty well since the conversation was more relax and less informal of an interview. I learned a lot about the position and the compensation for the Customer Success Manager role and was able to sell myself enough to move forward in the interview process. ClearCompany followed up after a couple hours to set up an onsite interview for the upcoming week. I was very excited as the process was moving along quickly.

I arrived at my in-person interview about 10 minutes early. The interview schedule was changed around due to some people being out sick, but it was still a very relax multiple interview 2-hour process. I spoke with three different people during my interview, one in-person and two skype interviews to the office in Boston. Everyone was very pleasant and welcoming which was refreshing. During my interview process, I did, however, learn that there are multiple sections in the Customer Success Role: Growth, Channel, and Enterprise. I was also told that the interview process would be a way for them to decide which position you would best fit into which is something I was unaware of before I came in. I would have appreciated discussing that during the phone interview to allow myself to take a look at all the positions to prep for the one that I also believed I would have excelled at.

The interview format was very conversational and open. I asked each person a list of questions to better understand how they function and they would counter with how I fit into the qualities that they explained. The have a very heavy emphasis on sales for the position. They really want to ensure that you are able to cross-sell and hit sales goals so be prepared to explain in detail how you have done that in the past. After I spoke with two of the interviewees, they asked me to do two role plays. The first one was a cross-selling role play which is pretty hard to do unless you completely understand the product you are selling. Make sure to research the product and have a basic understanding. They gave feedback about the role play but also pointed out that I did an excellent job and was very prepared before coming in. Afterward, I explained more about how I would fit into ClearCompany and how the transparency of the company was something that I personally valued. We also discussed the management styles that we prefer and a time when you had a bad manager vs. a good manager. I am not a fan of speaking about negative management experiences, but I explained my first manager out of college and how he wasn't able to deliver criticism in a positive way. As the interview wrapped up, I asked if I would be a good fit for the Customer Success role that was originally discussed on the phone interview and I was told yes and left with an understanding of the next steps and that I would be moving forward.

I let them know I had other offers and was expecting to hear back Friday regarding so I would need to interview faster rather than later. They said that they would follow up that day and I didn’t hear back until Friday. Friday I received a phone call with an offer for the Customer Success - Channel role although I interviewed originally for the Growth role. I was told the role would be more challenging and more exciting but the base pay was 20k less than the original role I interviewed for. This is also something that wasn't explained to me in the interview process. I kindly thanked them but told them that due to my experience that is too low for me and asked if I was still in the running for the original role. I was told they didn’t know and was then reached out to speak about why I wouldn’t be a good fit for the role.

I was told in the interview that I was a good fit for the position so I do believe that they should be more transparent and set the correct expectations.

Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a bad manager and why were they bad?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ClearCompany (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They were certainly efficient, and reached out to me over a non-traditional channel, which was great. However, the interviewer was very unengaging from the start, and made it difficult to relate. When I didn't move on to the next phase, I received a stock rejection email, which is a disappointing ending to what was a promising start.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on customer success background, daily job responsibilities, etc.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First round interview was performed over the phone. Pretty routine and went rather well lasting about 40min.

Second round was at their San Francisco office and went even better! Met with three lovely people and performed video conference with hiring manager remotely. Called same day to schedule final round, as we were all eager to proceed. Here is where communications begin to break down. I was told they were navigating six calendars and could not confirm a meeting time for the following day. I explained I was flexible and was willing to meet on short notice due to their eagerness to complete the process. Last communication with hiring manager is at 7pm day before, still no confirmation.

Following day I receive an email stating I missed my 12pm interview time and "best of luck in my career search". I respond explaining I had not received a specific time and someone was to get back to me, but I was happy to rush over to meet with them if it was still available. I was thanked for explaining, but the hiring manager was on vacation now and would get back to me next week.

Email today from the returning hiring manager that they apologized for the confusion, but says they confirmed with me the time, yet I was left waiting all day for communication, and due to the fact that I reached out to explain the situation, they decided on another candidate.

Rather disappointing to go through all this and be patiently waiting for communication on the same day The President was banning immigrants from my ethnicity. I surely would love to think this had nothing to do with it.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions pertaining to my ten years in relationship management, caliber of clients, and situations I found myself in, and how I was able to navigate difficult clients.   Answer Question

ClearCompany Response

Feb 13, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. My name is Laura Baker, HR Business Partner for ClearCompany. At ClearCompany, we are proud to support and welcome people of all genders, faiths, ethnicities, and sexual... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ClearCompany (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a very positive experience interviewing with ClearCompany! The Director of Client Service was very communicative throughout each step and the team was warm and welcoming each time I came on-site to interview.

Interview Questions

• Experience, interest in ClearCompany, presentation of choice   Answer Question

Product Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ClearCompany (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial personal email inquiry from hiring manager within a day of submitting my application which is in stark contrast to most organizations I applied at that averaged about 3 weeks before a real response (positive or negative). Phone, video and onsite interview process with numerous stakeholders. Both founders still take the time to interview each applicant which I think says a lot about how they value their talent. I felt like they were asking questions to spur discussion and not simply to check of a box. All of the interviewers seemed aligned in the goals of the company and eager to participate. This is an organization that knows how to recruit employees. I felt valued and important to them through the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation/project/etc. that didn't go as planned and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ClearCompany.

Interview

Matched on Angel List. Quick set of emails to set up phone call. Speaker was polite, call lasted less than ten minutes. Left the phone call annoyed they had not reviewed my profile in greater detail, as I was missing, in their words "key experience" for the position. Total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

ClearCompany Response

Sep 20, 2016 – Director of Client Service

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. I apologize that you didn't have a great experience with us! We work hard to ensure a positive candidate process. AngelList is a great tool but... More

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ClearCompany (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a recruiter reach out for me in late June, I reached out still haven't heard from clear company than the recruiter reached out and said they would be in touch,3 weeks later someone from clear company reached out to schedule a phone interview, I missed the call and the same day I missed the call with one of the employees I was informed via email I'm not a good fit and that they had other candidates. In a way it's good because I wouldn't want to work for a company like that so quickly to reject someone without giving them a chance. they were completely unprofessional from getting in touch with someone to have a phone interview it doesn't take 3 weeks. I barely had a chance with this company.....

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ClearCompany (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The entirety of the interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews as well as 2 on-site interviews. Everyone that I met through the process was incredibly engaged and interested on how exactly I would best fit into the company. You can tell that ClearCompany is in the business of Talent Management solely based off of how they interview. Each hiring manager cares so much about the talent that they are hiring that they really take the time to get to know you and your previous work experience before making a decision on your employment. The office was warm and welcoming as I sat waiting to be interviewed. Overall this was one of the most positive interviewing experiences that I have ever had. Keep it up ClearCompany!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience in sales.   Answer Question
    • Give me an overview of how you would best manage a book a business with 80+ clients.   Answer Question

Client Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ClearCompany (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email response within 24 hours, had a phone interview the next day and a skype interview later that week. The interviewing process was very fast and quite simple.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ClearCompany (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was great. I spoke with someone for a phone screen and was asked to come in for an interview. I met with my manager, a co-founder and someone currently in the position. I was asked to come back in to deliver a short presentation to the same people I interviewed with. I received an offer shortly thereafter.