Clearwater Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clearwater Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through a university. Clearwater came to a job fair and if you were interested in the company, they'd schedule you for an interview the next day. The interview was only 30 minutes long and was pretty straightforward. I was asked a couple of coding questions and then time was given to answer any of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of words, how would you determine which word appears most often in the array?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID) in February 2017.

Interview

Got an email after applying for this position to schedule a face-to-face interview with a few options for date and time. Once that was established and the day came, I met with Blake Romney, the recruiter and had a 30 minutes talk about generalities and a few things off the resume. I asked a few questions myself about the position and the events that the company plans. That was about it and he said he'll get back to me two days later with a status. Unfortunately I didn't move onto the group/panel stage part of the interview process, most likely because my wage requirements based on my experience and managerial background did not match with this entry level position which for me would have been a foot in the door since I just moved to the area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation that you managed well during an event.   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID).

Interview

Interviews process was good, first round is a 1 on 1 with an HR employee. Second round is a 3 on 1 and is much more technical. Last is more about you and your resume and more behavioral.

Reconciliation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

First I was sent an assessment test which evaluated my basic math and reasoning skills. Then I had a skype interview with an HR representative. Final two rounds included two separate panel interviews where excel and math skills were tested.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I have no financial background. Pick a topic and teach me in basic terms something about finance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in the negotiation phase.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

Getting interviewed by Clearwater was pretty simple. I received an email about a date and time and was told to go tot the 9th floor of the building. Once I got there I signed in and waited for the recruiter to come get me. When the recruiter came he took me into a private room and introduced himself and started to ask me about myself. He was very nice and you could tell he was thoroughly interested in learning about me. After he got to know me better we got into the real part of the interview where he asked me about the Case Study and Accounting terms he had sent me a couple days prior. After that, we wrapped up and he showed me around the place and told me he would be in contact with me.

Interview Questions

• About the Case Study: What does clearwater do? Why is clearwater different from other analytics companies?   1 Answer
    • Asked me about the accounting paper he gave to me in email a couple days prior. Tell me one thing new you learned and what is it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter came to my colleges career fair. I set up an on campus interview, then was contacted by email and set up a Coding-hire interview. after that they flew me up to Boise for in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to compute a factorial n   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Rexburg, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

I approached them at a career fair and set up an interview for the next day with a 30 minute time frame. They asked a series of 4 questions, mostly logic and code-knowledge questions. I don't think I did very well, and when I asked for feedback he said he wasn't allowed to give feedback.

Interview Questions

• A companies stock is worth $200. When the companies stock goes down in one day, it goes down by $3. When it goes up in one day, it goes up 2$. After 40 days, the stock is still worth $200. How many days did the stock go down, and how many days did the stock go up?   2 Answers
    • Here is some code that has a lot of bugs. Find the bugs.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that accepts a List of employee hours, a budget, and salary. The function should return true if the payment needed to go out to the employees is under budget, and false if it is above budget. Assume that the salary is the same for all employees, and remember if an employee has worked over 40 hours, each hour over 40 is 1.5x pay.   Answer Question
    • Something about how to optimize a system using inheritance. I didn't think of an answer before time was up.   Answer Question

Corporate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics.

Interview

I had three hour long interviews, and they wanted to set me up for a fourth. It was so long between the third when they contacted me for the forth that I was able to apply, interview, and get a job offer from another company. On the whole it left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• They showed me an Excel sheet and asked me to tell them what it was about.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics.

Interview

1) Online coding test that involved adding failing test cases to fixing the code to pass them.
    2) Technical interview over the phone using CodingHire. (was 1 hour I believe) Similar to programming problems you would receive to code on a whiteboard.
    3) Two in-person interviews with two groups of two interviewers, each roughly an hour long. Some logic problems and Object-Oriented Design questions to be done on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, how would you write a method to tell if it's an anagram?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID) in July 2016.

Interview

A brief initial assessment took place with the company recruiter via telephone. Shortly following that, we scheduled an in-person interview with two of the senior software developers. That was approximately one hour and mostly featured technical questions to assess my level of experience. Some tough questions, but not a terribly uncomfortable discussion.

Interview Questions

• We went over several types of questions including algorithms and troubleshooting methods.   1 Answer