Clearwire GENERAL MANAGER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire (Dallas, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I had only 2 to 3 minutes with the person giving the interview. No follow up whatsoever, not even a rejection letter or email.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to our company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Clearwire

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

Interview

Absolutely insane process or lack of process. First was contacted by a recruiter, a 10 minute interview, he really knew nothing about the position, but pushed that I take a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was a nice guy but manic and arrogant. Next we moved on to a face to face interview, for which they required you come prepared with a business plan (nice strategy to get free advice on local markets from desperate candidates). Had a good interview with the guy and then radio silence for a month. I figured another lame informal company that did not follow up with people they did not hire, and let it go. Finally I pinged the hiring manager, and the next day I get an email saying that I was on the short list for the final interview with senior management. One hour later I get an email from the hiring manager saying he was leaving, and that the position was being filled internally.

So I asked HR for an explanation and they say, uhh, well, you know its just crazy, we are growing so fast and recruiting is hard. Long story short, a new regional GM comes on the picture and starts the process all over again, with phone interview. Again the radio silence for 3 weeks. I call, write the hiring manager again nothing. Finally I ping HR and they say, oops they went a different direction, which is fine, I have my own company and we are doing fine.

So if you want inconsistent communication, managers without the fortitude to tell you your not the person, a painful drawn out process, this is definitely the company for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are too old for this position?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire in February 2010.

Interview

Very long and arduous process. Too many steps, and these people drag their feet as no one can make their own decision.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your team was not selling?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone quit and you had no replacement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. offer, accept or decline.