Clearwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clearwire Interview Questions

2.5

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Recruiters seem to be overwhelmed by volume of applicants, took 2-3 days of phone interviews to get in person interview. In person interview took 5 hours, basic questions, yet never did tell me which of 3 positions that I was being considered nor gave me insight to job descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Can you work between divisions and how do you priorities demands from multiple managers?   Answer Question

RF Engineer - Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clearwire (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

The gave me a quiz with multiple questions about fundamentals of wireless communications, RF engineering. After the quiz, I interviewed with a panel of senior engineers and they asked me questions about my experience, what I hoped to get out of the internship and what I could offer to the team. i received the offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• IQ constellations, smith charts, antenna and EM propagation fundamentals, modulation schemes.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clearwire (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Brought into a room, where there were about 20 other interviewees, then one at a time went to the front and basically had to sell ourselves.

Interview Questions

• What tasks do you believe you may be overwhelmed by?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clearwire (San Antonio, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

There was a phone screen, pretty typical, including a manager and a resident specialist. During this part of the interview the specialist took the opportunity to show off his skills. I kept up fine. The onsite interview was really non-technical and VERY poorly planned. The manager in charge of hiring was in a poor mood because of scheduling conflicts and took it out by insulting me and my skill set.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clearwire (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

I first went into a job fair for military personnel and met with the Interviewer, I expressed how I would love to work at the company and gave them my resume. A week later I received a call from the hiring dept. and had an interview over the phone. After I was sent to do a drug test, and background check and was set an appointment for the 1:1 interview. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clearwire (Rosemont, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Very Easy job to get they are desperate for people, they asked if you have sales experience, i got interveiwed at a panera bread, they ask for a high quota that seems impossible because the product sucks

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your the best canidate for this job??   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotations they give you a crap pay of $9.50

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2010.

Interview

1. Submitted resume at a job fair and submitted name of referrer.
    2. Received a call to report for interview.
    3. Was interviewed about my desire to work for the company.
    4. Was given an opportunity to listen in on a live call.
    5. Was asked if I could do the job. Was hired on the spot and was told to come back for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No salary negotiation at all.

Project Manager - Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR/Recruiter. Always great communication with her and she was very responsive. Interviewed with the hiring manager and a field sales director. Lastly I interviewed with the Executive VP. I didn't end up getting the job but was given great feedback on why they made the decision. (She had certifications and I didnt).

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clearwire (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had one interview over the phone, and it took a little over an hour. Basic Java questions (algorithms, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, keywords, data types), as well as some questions about web services, ORM, dependency injection, Linux, and SQL. I was honest about my experience and knowledge, and my interviewer kept his questions in-line with my knowledge boundaries.

The interview was going well, so he told me about the technology stack and goal of the project (what to expect - both good and bad).

Interview Questions

• What command would you use to determine if any Tomcat instances are running on a machine?   1 Answer
    • What is the minimum number of tables required to perform a SQL join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was at the upper end of the range I provided.

For those considering an offer: During and after my tenure there, I witnessed folks who had accepted offers only to discover their contract had been terminated the morning they showed up for work. Some of the salaries were very high. My point: Aim high, but don't commit fully until several butt-in-seat days have passed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clearwire (Visalia, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Initially it was a walk-in that turned into an interview, the process was pretty typical from a retailer standpoint. Expected experience, sales knowledge was a plus.
    Typical drug test