Clearwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clearwire Interview Questions

2.5

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clearwire (Irvine, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had to go through two interviews; phone and panel. The phone interview was done by a recruiter just to see if it was worthwhile for the actual hiring manager to interview me. After I passed the phone interview I was interviewed by three people. Consisted of general questions such as "Tell us about yourself", "What do you currently do", "Do yo have any experience in this field", etc. The process wasa little disjointed since they seemed extremely busy and distracted. The hiring manager was actually eating lunch during the interview process. I didn't have all the requirements they were looking for. It was nice in the fact I got a call from them the next day indicating I wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you select the microwave sites for the point-to-point radios your company sells and installs?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clearwire (Portland, OR) in December 2009.

Interview

It was basically a discussion about what type of person you are along with qualitys that you possess and how you would fit with the rest of the teams. Felt more like a group of friends then a professional business. They were just really eager to hire .

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clearwire (Orlando, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Contacted by HR rep after several months or applying for every position I was remotely qualified for. The interview was fairly short and pertained to info on my resume and questions pertaining to specific job needs. I had researched this company and found a lot of people complaining about management and how the employees are treated. It's difficult to determine if most were just complainers or valid. Most companies with lots of money and little time to ramp up have problems so nothing new.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem having a dotted line to sales management?   Answer Question
    • Would you have a problem being called into work at 2am if one of the techs couldn't go?   Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire (San Antonio, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

Very Pleasant Face to Face Interview Process. 2 Week Time Period. Be Confident During Interview And Positive Questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire in November 2009.

Interview

Initially Applied online to a Career Builder posting and received a phone call with email follow up for their onsite location in Kirkland, WA. Interview was incredibly unprofressional, a group interview of four of us, in a small office while the interviewer checked his phone 6x in 45 minutes and was responding to emails and texts while we all spoke. After now spending over 4 years in the staffing industry on national accounts, it's amusing to see both how they lost out on myself and two other folks I've kept in touch with on LinkedIn that also were put off by their pompous atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to the Clearwire service and how would you market that potential.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

My first "interveiw" was a phone interveiw with the hiring manager after I reached out to her directly. She was very respnsive to my email and we had a good discussion the day she replied to me. The next step was an in-person with her the next day.

It took about a week for her to get back to me becasue she was finalizing her "short list" for the final interviews. I then had 6 in person interviews that took most of the morning.

The interviews were pretty standard stuff with nothing out of the ordinary. I interviewed with fairly high up people and they mostly just seemed to be interested in how I would fit with the company and if I was really interested in the company/role. This may have been becasue the hiring manager was alreay sold on my experience and ability and wanted to get others involved from a culture and fit perspective.

Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired, what would you do during your first week to contribute to the team quickly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good, not great and I tried to negotiate a little but didn't really come from a position of power given that I was unemployed at the time. Plus I'm not good at negotiating offers because I haven't done it very often in my career.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clearwire (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

I received a call from a manager to go in for an interview...They asked questions pertaining to work history and different scenarios. I interviewed with two separate people, and they had me listen to some phone calls to get a feel of the atmosphere...I had to take a drug test. I was given a offer contingent upon my background and drug test results. You have to go through 4 weeks of paid training.

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate I was offered $12 hr plus bonus up to $900 plus money for upselling. The payouts and checks are very nice. They do offer medical dental vision and life. The great part about this is that homosexuals can have their life partners added on to the their benefits...$0.25 brand name soda and water is a plus also!!

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clearwire (Redmond, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me after receiving my application online. Simple phone screening. Unfortunately I didn't have the direct experience they were looking for.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire (Dallas, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

I had only 2 to 3 minutes with the person giving the interview. No follow up whatsoever, not even a rejection letter or email.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to our company?   1 Answer

Business Systems Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwire (Kirkland, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with HR. The first time he forgot to call me or even contact me to let me know that he wouldn't be able to make it. The second time he said he would call me, he again did not call. Finally, the third time he actually called me. It was a short and quick phone call.

The next interviews were in person with a 1 on 1 with 4 other people. The first two people I interviewed with asked me the usual interview questions. They were friendly, but it didn't seem like their head was in the interview. The third person I met with was a developer/database administrator. He was all over the place, not too friendly, and not clear as to what he was asking. The last person I was suppose to meet was a VP, but apparently they were too busy too meet. I was left in a conference room for about 10-15 minutes while they figured out what to do. They ended up sending me home and told me that I would have a call with the VP. This never happened.

I followed up with HR several times to find out the next steps and when I would have the phone interview with the VP, but they did not respond.

Overall I got a really bad vibe from HR and the people I had interviews with. I'm glad that I did not get a job offer from Clearwire.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with databases?   1 Answer