Cleary Gottlieb Corporate Paralegal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cleary Gottlieb Corporate Paralegal Interview Questions

Interviews at Cleary Gottlieb

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I first had a phone screening with a recruiter. The recruiter then asked me to send him my college transcript to forward to Cleary. I was then informed they wanted to meet with me in person. I was interviewed by 6 different people for a total of 3 hours - they all met with me separately. My experience could not have been better, each person I met was warm, caring, and showed great passion for Cleary. The company culture seemed incredible to me as a candidate, and by the second interview I knew I wanted to work here. I also had a writing assessment where I had to translate a document into a foreign language. They offered me the job the following day which showed a strong decisive team who won't let a candidate they want slip away.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you made on the job and how did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question
  • Why Cleary?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time where you had a difficult time making a decision but had to make one anyway.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cleary Gottlieb

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent in the required materials and received an automated email confirming that they had received it and would be in touch with me if they felt I was a good match. Shortly after I was called and asked if I could come in for an interview. When I went in I met with the head of that paralegal department and two paralegals.

The two paralegals told me about their personal experiences and asked if I had any about what the job would require. The head of the department just told me about the job and left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY).

Interview

They called me in for an interview a month after submitting my application. Three people interviewed me: the paralegal manager and two current paralegals. They interviewed me one after the other. It wasn't nerve-wracking but they all asked similar questions. They got back to me the next week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the paralegal manager. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Afterwards, I interviewed with current paralegals and conducted a written and spoken language test in Spanish. I was also given the opportunity to meet one of the firm's partners, to give more of an insight into firm culture.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions like "What is your greatest strength/weakness? Etc."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an interview invitation through a recruiter and the overall experience was very cordial. I met separately with two paralegals and the Director of Corporate Resources. I spoke with the Director first and she explained the requirements of the position and gave an overview of the firm culture/work environment. That lasted about 15 minutes. And then I spoke to the paralegals for about 10-15 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Job experiences, leadership positions in college, the usual behavioral questions   Answer Question

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb in April 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 people, i.e. the Human Resources Director, two paralegals, and five attorneys. It was an informational and personal interview based on one-to-one conversation. They provided information concerning the firm and the position and gave me the opportunity to ask questions of them as well. The process took approximately 3.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• I am an attorney living in Europe and as a result, I cannot practice law here. So, I was asked whether it would be difficult for me to work under attorneys after having been one myself.   1 Answer