Cleary Gottlieb Litigation Paralegal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Interview

The interview process went well the litigation manager was knowledgeable about the duties that were required for the position. Although I applied for the litigation paralegal position when I went for the job interview I was offered another position as a Litigation Support Analyst. This was a new department that had just open up and they were looking to train individuals for the position. I decided to take the offer and was trained for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cleary Gottlieb

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I used a recruiter and was asked to do an interview for a litigation position. They company was accommodating with doing a phone interview for the first meeting. It was a pleasant interview and the attorneys were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest achievement.
      What is a creative project that you are most proud of?
      Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb in March 2016.

Interview

First interviewed with HR, then paralegal manager, then 2 attorneys, then a junior paralegal and a senior paralegal. Last, I took a computer test. Everyone was really nice. They want to know why you want to be a paralegal, why Cleary, and why that specific office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I attended a paralegal recruiting event at the firm's NYC office. It was the first such event that the firm had coordinated. It consisted of a series of 20 minute interviews, with each person taken through one by one. There were approximately 20 applicants, meaning some people had to wait around until 5 (the process began at 1) to even begin. Luckily, I was one of the first taken through. The first interview was with the two paralegal recruitment coordinaters from HR, both of which asked questions toward my willingness to give my 24/7 focus to the firm - no questions were ever asked about my personality, interests, strengths, etc. The next interview was with two of the current paralegals, who asked me if I had any questions about the position. For the next interview, I was taken to speak with a current associate. However, he either forget about the interview or simply didnt care, and after waiting in a conference room for 30 minutes, the paralegal who escorted me went to get him. He barely said hello. The entire thing was completely unprofessional. Ironically, I found him the most interesting person I had met with all day. The last portion was a language skills test, which consisted on translating a document from French to English. It was not difficult. Upon completion, I was presented with a rainbow slinky, custom printed with the firm's logo on the side. I could not make this up. I was not extended an offer, which is all the same, because I would not have accepted. I recently accepted at an equally prestigious NYC firm that was much more welcoming and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why C&G? Are you willing to work overtime (be prepared with examples of strong work ethic)? How did [insert colleg or university here] prepare you for the qualifications necessary for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Very standard interview questions - two visits in total. The first visit was 30 minutes at a recruiting convention through my college - I met with two very high level managers. The second interview I met with the department manager, assistant manager and three current paralegals. The second interview was about two hours long and I had an answer within two weeks. Cleary is extremely good about getting back to their candidates regardless of there being an offer on the table.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you are really passionate about?   1 Answer

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb in March 2011.

Interview

I sent in a resume and cover letter and received an interview. I was interviewed first by the litigation paralegal supervisor and her assistant, then by a couple of current paralegals, then by an attorney. The whole process took about 2 hours. They didn't contact me about a job until about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation