Cleary Gottlieb Paralegal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cleary Gottlieb Paralegal Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb.

Interview

After applying through college career services, I got an in-office interview with several members of their team. The interview itself wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but they look for people who are sociable but keen. Words like "detail-oriented" and "flexible" were most often exchanged. They were incredibly organized throughout the interview process and responsive to all questions. They had great follow-up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cleary Gottlieb

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (Washington, DC).

Interview

I received an interview through their recruiters. The process from application to offer was quick and informative. It took most of the day but you were able to meet not just HR but the lawyers as well in one interview. Were upfront about workload, expectations and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

On the whole my interview experience was very pleasant. Mostly everyone I spoke to was very kind and eager to speak to me. My main interviewer was very pleasant and efficient. While the pace of our interview was a little startling, it made it experience intense and interesting. I then spoke to then current paralegals, which was probably the most uncomfortable part of the experience. I had a hard time gauging whether they liked what they were doing or not, which made me question the job itself and whether it would be good work or not. At the end of the interview, I as asked to translate a document from spanish to english and received to feedback on my performance, which left me feeling a little rattled. I didn't hear back from the company about a second interview or even letting me know that I did not suit their needs, which was a little disappointing after spending such a long time at the interview itself as well as time and money getting to NY for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you already live in New York?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

I received a request for an interview after having been referred to them by one of their former co-workers. The interview process consisted of speaking with multiple associates and human resources, some of whom seemed nice while others not as much. They all came across as rather arrogant and aloof, particularly the associates. After having spent less than half an hour in their office, I knew this was neither the kind of people nor the place I wanted to work with and in. I left the interview saddened over a few wasted hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to become a paralegal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application and was contacted via phone to set-up a phone interview. The interviewer called me 15 minutes before the established time. I few weeks later, I was called in for an in-person interview. The whole process lasted something like 4-5 hours as I interviewed with several people both from within the team I would have been working with and outside of it. They all asked the same questions, so by the end of it, kind of felt like a parrot. After meeting around 10-12 people, I then took a series of online tests. Two weeks later I got an email saying I was out of the running.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, but the sheer number of people I met was tedious.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

i met with the manager of the corporate practice. she seemed friendly, and very enthusiastic about the company, but talked a lot, and barely let me get a word in. she barely asked me any questions so i'm not sure how the office comes about decisions in it hiring process. met with two other firm members who were very friendly and laid back

Paralegal Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleary Gottlieb in November 2010.

Interview

After a 20 minute phone interview, I went into the office where I met with the hiring director as well as about 4 paralegals. It was very informal and they were very friendly. They asked me to walk them through my resume as well as what I saw myself doing 5 years from now. They asked no questions on what I knew about the firm itself.