Cleveland Clinic Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

2.7

166 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Solon, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Job fair- I was contacted about the position through hr. And I went in and was excited to see a place where I would thrive with my experience and knowledge. I did however note sadly I was the only white female in the whole place except for an interviewer. Two white men also were in line. The black employees seemed very friendly towards the black applicants and I was interviewed very quickly by a Hispanic male who appeared hungover to me. He raced through the questions and I followed with a group tour.

I believe the reason I was not offered position was due to my skin color.
    It didn't outwardly seem racist but I observed no other Caucasian employees, that's highly unusual especially since I know a lot of employees and they tell me the people currently working in this center are unable to write or clearly explain simple procedures on appointments and records. Making there job more complicated and time consuming

Interview Questions

• So is the only reason you want to work here to get tour foot in the door? Tell me what type of experience you have.   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative/Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Since I graduated from a local university with a Bachelor's degree I had high hopes of working at Cleveland Clinic, being that it is one of top hospitals in our nation. I wanted to further put to use everything that I had learned within my healthcare major. Over the past couple of months I have applied to 92 jobs at Cleveland Clinic. Of those 92 applications I have only had two phone interviews (the first stage). The first phone interview was for a patient service presentative position. During this "interview" we only went over what is stated on the application. While I tried to answer the questions, the interviewer continued to talk over me by saying "oh that's great," "uh huh," before I could even finish the statement. By her just doing that I knew that I was not going to get the job. When the interview was over, she said that everything was great and that she was sending everything over to the hiring manager. That Friday, I received an email informing me that I was not selected and that "at this time, have made the decision to pursue other candidates." I called back to speak with someone in Human Resources and was told to just be persistent and continue to apply to jobs as soon as they are posted. About 3 weeks later, I received an email to set up a phone interview for a Laboratory Technician position. This phone interview went a lot more smoother as the lady listened to me as she entered the information onto her computer as we spoke. The only difference between this interview and the last was that the interviewer asked me two questions pertaining to conflict resolutions in my past work experience. I answered them perfectly fine and she told me that she would be forwarding my information to the hiring manager. That Friday, I received the same automated rejection/denial email. I do not understand how I am not getting past the first stage in the hiring process, but I am not applying to any other positions here as my goal/aspirations to work here are completely depleted. Good luck to anyone that applies here and is hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a major obstacle at work.

Tell me about a time where you found it hard to work on a team/in a group.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Very professional, streamlined process. I was contacted via e-mail by HR to set up a phone interview with HR and was called for the interview at the time agreed upon. HR started off the interview call by explaining what the unit would be like on a day-to-day basis, then proceeded with a few basic interviewing questions. HR liked what she heard and immediately set up a face-to-face interview with the Nurse Manager of the unit I had applied to, and sent me a confirmation and directions via e-mail. When I arrived at the hospital, a random employee walking outside saw that I was a bit lost and walked a half mile to get me to the right building, and walked me to the elevator that I needed to use. I felt very taken care of! Once I arrived at the unit, I shadowed an RN during a direct admission and the nurse was friendly enough to show me around and answer my questions. I then proceeded to my interview with the Nurse Manager. I let her speak first and once she asked me a question, I ran with it and basically answered all her questions without her having to ask me much. I made sure that I answered every question with a story behind it so that the conversation flowed well. I found ways to lighten up the interview by finding common interests to laugh and talk about. I made sure that I had written down a few questions of my own to ask after the interview was over. She then proceeded to walk me around the unit and introduce me to the staff, as I told her the the team was very important to me in order to make my decision. The staff took time to answer all my questions and even helped me look up apartments in the area. I had a very good experience and felt very welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your former employer   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Cleveland Clinic   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this specific unit   Answer Question
    • How can your prior experience aid in the transition to this unit   Answer Question
    • Tell me a stressful experience as a nurse and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation with a coworker and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Physician Assistant - MICU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Rocky River, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through their job website. Followed up frequently with the MICU recruiter who I met at a job fair. Eventually, my information was passed onto the lead APP/hiring manager. Did a phone interview with him approximately 2 weeks after initially applying. Then I was invited for an in-person interview/shadow day which took place approximately a month after I put in my application.

During the in-person interview, I initially met with the lead APP/hiring manager and a couple of his team. Was given a tour of the MICU. Then I observed on rounds for approximately 60 minutes. Then I had a one-on-one with the MICU director. He was very friendly. Was more like a conversation. Was asked about my long term goals. He mentioned that they are looking for someone who wants to stay in the position for a long time, if not for a whole career. This was mentioned also by the lead APP.

I then met with another MICU physician, also friendly. Answered a lot of questions for me.

I then met with one last physician who was slightly intimidating, but not unpleasant at all. Just asked a lot of tough questions, well within reason.

Then I had lunch with the MICU APPs (PAs and NPs). It was a nice lunch and everyone was friendly.

Overall the interview was a good experience.

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

interview with hiring manager, assistant manager and shadowed a health unit coordinator. Walked through unit and briefly spoke to nurses, other
     peers. Observed the unit in its entirety regarding EPIC, telemetry, vocera, etc. Walked unit with employee.

Interview Questions

• What stressful situation have you been through and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Beachwood, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

This was for a contract role. Met hiring manager for about 30 minute conversation. Very relaxed overall. He described the job and and asked about my prior experience.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

it went really quickly, I was employed a month after my interview. Interviewed with both peers and supervisors. They had my resume printed and asked me questions right off the page.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield Lake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Sheffield Lake, OH).

Interview

Normal interview with normal interview questions. Lasted about a half hour. I've had many pleasant interviews with the Cleveland Clinic but This select interviewer seemed to want to discourage future education and advancement, if I would have been offered the position I would have declined.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

First was a phone screening and then an in person interview at the location. An email request for references came over and you have 24 hours to respond. It was all done online and easy to do. I enjoyed the process.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Beachwood, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview took 2.5 months to schedule and reschedule. The phone interview was rescheduled twice, the face to face interview was rescheduled three times. The Clinic recently outsourced a fair portion of their IT human resources to IBM. This was something I had to ask about in the interview, and I am glad I did. One interviewer out of seven during the four hour face to face ordeal had tears streaming down his cheek when he stated that he had worked with these people in IT for decades, and that many would lose their job in July 2017. When I asked how they would be replaced by IBM employees, he stated that he didn't know how any project would be completed, as most of the resources supporting the Clinic IT infrastructure would simply not be replaced, and the CIO of the Cleveland Clinic left over this decision and others. Not encouraging at all, not the place to be for sure. These knuckleheads had candidates complete a business case. Then it was four plus hours of different people asking you the same questions over and over. Some took notes, others didn't. Interviewers basically stated they had no authority in managing large critical IT projects, and that they felt helpless with the outsourcing of most resources to IBM.

Interview Questions

• The best question "How do you feel you would manage a project where no one in the Clinic had authority over the IT resources that had to execute the project?"   1 Answer
    • Why have you left jobs in the past?   1 Answer