Cleveland Clinic Patient Care Nursing Assistant (PCNA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cleveland Clinic Patient Care Nursing Assistant (PCNA) Interview Questions

Interviews at Cleveland Clinic

2.7

Patient Care Nursing Assistant (PCNA) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews for 2 other positions. I did not get either job. Then I was called for a third position, but didn't have to repeat the phone interview. I interviewed with the nurse manager and assistant nurse manager at the same time. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, including the tour of the unit. 10 minutes worth of discussing my resume and answering questions and 10 minutes for the tour. There were about 5-6 questions, very straight-forward questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a patient or customer.

Describe a time you needed help with your duties. How did you approach the situation?

Describe a time you had to deal with a problem at work. How did you handle it?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Cleveland Clinic

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Current CCF employees apply online. You are then contacted by a CCF recruiter for a quick 15-30 min chat to give you info about the position requirements and job description along with hours worked and facility/institutes that positions are open. Also give you information about pay scale. They find a job for you and set up an interview with the manager. In person interview with manager and then the recruiter contacts for follow up offer or decline. They will negotiate pay for you if you so desire.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about strengths and weaknesses. General facts about myself.   Answer Question

Patient Care Nursing Assistant (PCNA) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in February 2015.

Interview

I originally had no caregiving experience so I was real nervous but when I went to the Job fair I felt like the only qualified candidate had to take a math and English test before I had my first set of interviews. then had a second interview at hospital with job shadowing on another day. Went real good. Once hired has to do 2 1/2 week training course.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was 2 parts. First there is a phone interview which asks you behavioral questions. If you pass this then you are asked to come to the clinic for an in person interview. You meet with the nurse manager and the nurse supervisor. The interview is about 30 minutes and then you will shadow a PCNA and then here back from them within a week.

Interview Questions

• While on round you find one of your patients has a temperature how can you (as a PCNA) what should you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and screening with HR. I they felt you were qualified they offered a 1:1 interview with the manager of the department. The manager will then have you shadow another
    pcna to give you an idea of what you will be doing if hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. What are some challenges you have faced in other jobs and how did you handle them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I had absolutely no patient care experience or training, only a bachelors degree in public health/pre-med. I got a phone interview with questions dealing with my strengths and exceeding expectations in my previous volunteer and work experiences. I got invited to a face to face interview the following week. I had an easy in person interview with about 7 questions, lasting for 30 mins, then shadowed a PCNA for an hour.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a patient trying to get out of bed?   2 Answers

Patient Care Nursing Assistant (PCNA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Was interview at a hiring event, about 100+ people in the building at the time. Sat with a HR rep, went over my initial application, then proceeded to schedule multiple interviews with several hiring managers at the hospitals I was interested in. About a week later interviewed with floor managers.

Interview Questions

• name one time you dealt with a difficult patient or family.   Answer Question

Patient Care Nursing Assistant (PCNA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got an email within a day or two to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter called me on time and I was asked questions about how I handled different situations. From there, I got a call maybe a week or so later to interview with a nurse manager. I shadowed on the floor with a PCNA for a little while and then met with the manager. She mostly talked to me about work expectations. The only question she asked me was, "How do you handle stress?" I was told after the interview that she would be offering me a position. I got my call for HR within a few days of my interview. Overall, the process was lengthy, but not difficult. Once you get an offer, you have to do a physical, drug test, and orientation. You are paid for your time at orientation, which is great.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/scenario questions. One was along the lines of "Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation." Another had to deal with patient care and how I went above and beyond for someone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

It was pretty brief, normal behavioral questions on rphone with a recruiter. About 30 mins of my time. Hiring took two weeks for me, guess they were really in need of some one. I know the process can take months sometimes but i was lucky.