Cleveland Clinic New Grad RN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cleveland Clinic New Grad RN Interview Questions

Interviews at Cleveland Clinic

2.8

RN New Grad Interview

Interview

I had a crazy unorganized and unprofessional experience with their interviewers. The nurse recruiters never seemed to remember if they had called or not, emailed or not, or why or in regards to what.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cleveland Clinic

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in October 2014.

Interview

the Interview process starts with 1. Pre-screening 2. Face to face interview 3. Shadow experience 4. Job offer 5. Physical assessment 6. if out of state, needs Ohio license. You will not receive an offer in the first step (pre-screening) telephone interview. My interviewer was very nice with a calm voice so I was not as nervous as what I thought I would be.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked basic behavioral questions. No clinical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR for an interview with the nurse manager I applied to. We scheduled the interview then after the interview they just told me that they will contact me in 1-2 weeks if they decide to hire me. I was contacted by the HR 3 weeks after my interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself as a professional   Answer Question
    • share with us an experience when you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by an HR representative as part of the screening process. Then, I was sent to interview with the Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager and Charge Nurse for a New Grad RN Program in a medical-surgical unit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you had to deal with a difficult patient and how the situation was resolved. How do you see yourself in the next 5 years? Tell us about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty for a patient.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in March 2019.

Interview

The Cleveland Clinic came to my nursing school's career fair, where a recruiter reached out to me to apply for a position (almost 4 months later). I had a phone interview, and from there I had 2 in-person interviews on the same day. I am not from Ohio so they made sure that I could do them a few hours apart. One interview was with an assistant manager and the other was with the head nursing manager and the assistant. Very low stress and you get to shadow the unit!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified a problem and what steps you took to fix it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at CC?

The phone interviewer asked me if I knew the other locations (even though I applied for main campus) just because she wanted to know if I did my research. I did, and you should too!!! She was very impressed   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to help a fellow co-worker be less shy   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went over and above for a patient?   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email nurse recruiter the next day. Set up an initial phone screening interview with nurse recruiter, which was very casual. Interviewed with two managers of intensive care units. Both the recruiter and managers went out of their way to make me feel confident and comfortable. They also allowed time to ask them questions and were very helpful in their answers.