Cleveland Clinic Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cleveland Clinic Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at Cleveland Clinic

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Initial communication will be through e-mail to the specific PI. There are job postings on the website but you can directly write to somebody if you like their work. If the PI likes your CV he/she might contact you even if they have not posted for a job opening. The PI might ask for some short write up about the project you want to do or what you think about their projects. This may or may not be followed by a telephonic/ skype interview. For me, I had a telephonic interview as I was applying from abroad.

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal ? What position do you see yourself after three years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is very less scope for negotiation for post doc as you will get paid in NIH scale. Cleveland clinic is good in this way that they strictly follow NIH norms and almost nobody will be underpaid.

Other Interview Reviews for Cleveland Clinic

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2010.

Interview

I was an overseas applicant and my prospective PI knew my then-PI. After seeing my CV and knowing that my then-PI trusted me highly, I was asked for a skype interview in 2 days. I was offered the position in another couple of days.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly about my doctoral work, my thoughts regarding the work being done in the new lab, and my overarching research goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $40,000 initially but negotiated it up to $ 43,000 based on my educational and work experience and current pay.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2011.

Interview

I applied from overseas. I had sent an unsolicited email to a PI with my CV. Within a week, I was asked for a Skype video interview. It lasted about 30-45 minutes. In a couple of days, I was offered the position. I negotiated the salary up by $3,000 from the offered $40,000.

Interview Questions

• Q: Briefly describe your past research.
      Q: What are you thoughts on the use of scaffolds vs. cells in tissue engineering strategies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I work in Lerner Research Institute of cleveland clinic foundation (CCF). They gave a typical interview such as skpe for postdoc in biology field. I think it is dependent on lab or PI at least in postdoctoral research fellow position. nothing special

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very formal interview. I was asked to present my research program with not particular interest given to the scientific interest I had. No empathy at all. Robotic people thinking and acting like machines. Or if you want more like actors reading a script. Everybody was so cold during the interview and employment process that I felt very disappointed about my decision to accept an offer at Cleveland Clinic. The employment office also did several mistakes related to my data entry in the internal system. I also realized that the majority of employees I was seeing around were not happy to work there and in fact I could experience a significance unhappiness a few months later.