Cleveland Clinic Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Very professional, streamlined process. I was contacted via e-mail by HR to set up a phone interview with HR and was called for the interview at the time agreed upon. HR started off the interview call by explaining what the unit would be like on a day-to-day basis, then proceeded with a few basic interviewing questions. HR liked what she heard and immediately set up a face-to-face interview with the Nurse Manager of the unit I had applied to, and sent me a confirmation and directions via e-mail. When I arrived at the hospital, a random employee walking outside saw that I was a bit lost and walked a half mile to get me to the right building, and walked me to the elevator that I needed to use. I felt very taken care of! Once I arrived at the unit, I shadowed an RN during a direct admission and the nurse was friendly enough to show me around and answer my questions. I then proceeded to my interview with the Nurse Manager. I let her speak first and once she asked me a question, I ran with it and basically answered all her questions without her having to ask me much. I made sure that I answered every question with a story behind it so that the conversation flowed well. I found ways to lighten up the interview by finding common interests to laugh and talk about. I made sure that I had written down a few questions of my own to ask after the interview was over. She then proceeded to walk me around the unit and introduce me to the staff, as I told her the the team was very important to me in order to make my decision. The staff took time to answer all my questions and even helped me look up apartments in the area. I had a very good experience and felt very welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your former employer   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Cleveland Clinic   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for this specific unit   Answer Question
  • How can your prior experience aid in the transition to this unit   Answer Question
  • Tell me a stressful experience as a nurse and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation with a coworker and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cleveland Clinic

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview due to being interviewed for position in Cleveland clinic Abu Dhabi. Questions asked about experience and about patient scenarios. Interviewed by nurse manager and assistant nurse manager of floor applying to and someone from HR. interview was about 25 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges that were faced being in a charge nurse position?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

The interview process was a one on one interview with the Nurse Manager. They wanted to know about the experience I've had up to that point and the things I've seen and the patients I've taken care of thus far. Also, clinical based "What would you do" questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a specific clinical situation? How would you respond?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in September 2015.

Interview

Had a great interview experience. Went in person after a phone interview, shadowed on 2 units and I was thoroughly impressed by the staff members, management and quality of patient care. I am a new grad and they are really invested in making you the best nurse possible. It seems like they are a really great hospital to work for.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Some clinical questions related to specialty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter in person. Basic questions - why cleveland clinic? When did you go above and beyond for a patient? How do you manage stress? Resolve conflict. Nonthreatenimg and went very smoothly. From there I was scheduled for an interview with the nurse manager, and was asked to wear scrubs so I could tour. My in person interview is scheduled for this week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about 3+ weeks. I applied online then got a call from a nurse recruiter. She did a brief easy phone interview then scheduled an in-person interview on the unit. The first half of the interview process included meeting with the nurse recruiter, nurse educator and nurse manager. They were friendly asked behavioral and scenario type questions. Then that part was concluded and I was told that I was to meet with two other nurses (peer interview). I was then grilled again. After that I was taken on a tour of the unit. Then that was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the Nurse Manager on the unit first and toured the unit with him. I then interviewed with 2 Charge Nurses and 2 staff Nurses finally. Overall, I was there for about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why Cleveland Clinic?
      3 words to describe your personality
      Behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was located in another state when I applied for an RN position. The first interview was with an HR representative over the phone and included roughly 5 scenario based questions. I was then invited for an in-person interview and shadowing on the unit. If the shadowing experience is successful, you then are required to complete a drug test, physical/fitness test, and PBDS & drug math examination to test your knowledge base and competency.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle yourself under stressful situations?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

This process was a phone interview to move onto a one-on-one interview. It was scheduled through an online process. The recruiter was very friendly. It was not as intimidating as I had thought it would be. It is important to be prepared for this interview although it is a phone interview. Specific examples from previous work and clinicals are expected to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

I applied online and later that day I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was set up for 2 days later. At the end of the phone interview I was offered 3 face to face interview options. I scheduled 2 interviews for the following week. Face to face interview was casual and more of an overview of the position and floor. Followed an employee around for 20 min. Was offered and accepted position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation from your previous work experience or clinical experience where you went above and beyond for a patient or customer.   Answer Question