Cleveland Clinic Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cleveland Clinic Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Cleveland Clinic

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Applied online. HR emailed and set up initial phone screening with HR. Put into pool with other new graduates. About two weeks later heard from hiring manager. Phone interview scheduled and completed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cleveland Clinic

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

Internal hire, still had to apply through the online application site just like everyone else. employee of three years, have established relationships with many others who have since moved to various places in the hospital which is helpful to learning about places for new opportunites to work before applying.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

One interview only. They seemed approachable. Didn't really inquire too much about my previous experience, but wanted to see how I would fit in with their company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate a better wage.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

I was an internal hire. It took no time at all to get a new job as an RN. Once I had my license I was in touch with a recruitier whom I already spoke to about what to do two weeks before I got my RN license. The recruiter had me call her and she then shared with me the position she thought would be a good fit for what I told her I want to do.

Interview Questions

• what is one example of a bad customer service situation where you had to interact with someone who was upset (paraphrasing).   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

Overal, the hiring and interviewing experieince was seemingly standard. The initial showing of interest is through a phone call or email. That is usually followed by a phone screening through HR. After that a one on one interview with the nurse manager is carried out. You'll be notified shortly after if you've been selected. Then just the drug screening and immunization verification. It's my understanding they've added a personality assessment at some point in the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall an instance in which you went above and beyond for your patient?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hah! Negociation? That's funny.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took about 3+ weeks. I applied online then got a call from a nurse recruiter. She did a brief easy phone interview then scheduled an in-person interview on the unit. The first half of the interview process included meeting with the nurse recruiter, nurse educator and nurse manager. They were friendly asked behavioral and scenario type questions. Then that part was concluded and I was told that I was to meet with two other nurses (peer interview). I was then grilled again. After that I was taken on a tour of the unit. Then that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter in person. Basic questions - why cleveland clinic? When did you go above and beyond for a patient? How do you manage stress? Resolve conflict. Nonthreatenimg and went very smoothly. From there I was scheduled for an interview with the nurse manager, and was asked to wear scrubs so I could tour. My in person interview is scheduled for this week.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic in September 2015.

Interview

Had a great interview experience. Went in person after a phone interview, shadowed on 2 units and I was thoroughly impressed by the staff members, management and quality of patient care. I am a new grad and they are really invested in making you the best nurse possible. It seems like they are a really great hospital to work for.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Some clinical questions related to specialty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the Nurse Manager on the unit first and toured the unit with him. I then interviewed with 2 Charge Nurses and 2 staff Nurses finally. Overall, I was there for about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why Cleveland Clinic?
      3 words to describe your personality
      Behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic.

Interview

This process was a phone interview to move onto a one-on-one interview. It was scheduled through an online process. The recruiter was very friendly. It was not as intimidating as I had thought it would be. It is important to be prepared for this interview although it is a phone interview. Specific examples from previous work and clinicals are expected to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions and behavioral questions   1 Answer