Clevertech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clevertech Interview Questions

Interviews at Clevertech

2.3

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clevertech.

Interview

I was really excited about this role and company, and my interview with a recruiter went great, we had a good, easygoing conversation. Then she told me I would take a “details test” and she very specifically said “please read the instructions!” since obviously it’s a details test. She said time was important, but accuracy was as well. When I got the email to take the test, it said that it should take between 15 and 25 minutes. I completed it in 20, and I was pretty confident I did well, so I was pretty shocked when I got an email the next morning that after reviewing my results, I wouldn’t be moving forward in the process. I decided to respectfully ask what I could improve on for future reference, because honestly I just could not believe that I didn’t do well on the test so I must have completely misinterpreted how well our interview went, and the recruiter emailed me back my results from the details test. I got 93% of the questions right, and as I said it took me 20 minutes to complete, but somehow that put me in the 61st percentile, so clearly it should not take “between 15 and 25 minutes” because the speed is what brought my score down so significantly, even though it took me only 20 minutes. Furthermore, the test was literally comparing names, addresses, numbers, etc and basically finding a match. I could *maybe* understand utilizing something like that for a data entry job, but that’s not what the job I applied for was at all. Clearly I have pretty strong attention to detail considering I missed 3 out of 44 of them within 20 minutes. Beyond being just annoyed and frustrated for having wasted my time and energy, I also feel like this is a colossal waste of time for this company’s recruitment team. The recruiter told me that she would spend all day interviewing people and this test disqualified so many of them because they don’t read the instructions (which, again, I did read and follow the instructions, and I was told it wasn’t a speed test which clearly that’s what it was). If this test is really going to narrow down their candidate pool so much, why not just have it be taken before an interview? It’s safe to say I have been thoroughly turned off of this company by this process, so there’s really no love lost. I just hope this review helps any potential candidates prepare better.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview
    Testing
    These were the different stages.Bad recruitment experience but great company and job.
    Helpful during the Covid 19 process.
    Theres a lot of focus on work culture fit and values.
    They have outside recruiters.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clevertech.

Interview

The first interview was over Zoom call and was pretty short. They asked only a couple questions, mostly pertaining on how to deal with difficult clients/customers. Then they ask if you have any any questions, so do your research and come prepared with questions .

They send you a skill assessment called “Details” which is just basically testing your attention to detail. Seems pretty simple and you will see other interviewees had the same experience. But what seems like a simply test (taking 15 mins) is grades much higher than I thought. The results are inaccurate and don’t give detailed account of which questions were missed.

Seems like a cool company but they need to rethink this assessment as many candidates have had similar difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What was the most influential customer you ever serviced?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clevertech (Van Nuys, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

I’m relieved to find an interview process identical to my own, because this one was so unusual and off putting. I interviewed with Natalie Ta via Zoom and it went quite smoothly. (She seemed friendly and interested enough). I was sent the “details” test, and was told it would take about 20-25 minutes. I was 1. Surprised at how little the test related to the job in question and 2. Enthused at how easy the test was. I honestly expected to score a 95 or higher. (The test was simply matching numbers to numbers). My significant other and I were extremely disappointed to receive an email the next day saying I had scored a 44? I have historically been a high honor roll student and attended an Ivy League school on partial sports scholarship. I am no stranger to hard work or to critical thinking. At first I thought that because it did not tell you your score, the recruiter lied and went with a fresh out of college candidate asking for half of what I asked for. Then I realized I had taken maybe 21, 22 minutes to complete the test? (Worried more about accuracy and triple checking answers). Not realizing time was tied into score. If I had known this I would have rushed through for a time of 15 or lower and tried to just meet the minimum requirements. Either way, as the person below said it didn’t feel like too much of a loss. The Glassdoor reviews on this company seem to waver between honest and forced five star ratings. The sketchy interview process makes me think the company would not treat me as humanely as they make you believe. Another good thing to note is if one does get through the test they have to interview with the VP and President remotely separately before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clevertech (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied and it was requested that I complete a full-stack JavaScript assessment with a deadline of my choosing. Up until this point, the application process was entirely automated. After completing the assessment, I never heard back from anyone at the company. I am quite disappointed they can keep uploading YouTube videos about cUlTuRe but can't bother to even send me a decline email.

I tried calling the company to inquire about my application, but their phone lines aren't connected to anything and don't ring anyone.

For a company that acts as if they care so much about culture, I am significantly disappointed that I had to complete a large coding assessment and couldn't get feedback or any kind of human response. I would never apply here again.

Interview Questions

• Can you make all of the front-end and back-end tests pass in the web console?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clevertech in February 2020.

Interview

I applied for what was listed on StackOverflow as a Principal software engineer position, but which then linked me to just a senior engineer listing on their site.

I took the interview anyway, and within a few minutes with the HR rep, they informed me they prefer not to hire W2 employees. Instead, they'd want you to set up a corporation or LLC to do a corp-to-corp payment arrangement (a way some companies try to get out of paying taxes, unemployment insurance, benefits, etc. for their workers).

I let them know that would not be acceptable, and the interview ended quickly after hearing that.

They also said that when they do consider hiring a normal W2 employee, they'll only cover health insurance for the employee and not dependents (as is normal with employer-sponsored health insurance). Also disqualifying.

So unless you have no family you hope to insure through your job, and unless you're well-versed in corp-to-corp practices and all the issues and risks involved with it (I am because I run a separate part-time consultancy), don't waste your time here.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to being paid corp-to-corp?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clevertech in February 2020.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter on Wednesday and was hired within a week and a half!

The recruiter asked me questions about my work history, strengths/weaknesses, why Clevertech, and if being remote was important to me (which it was). She then told me to take a "details test" and told me to read the instructions carefully. She also told me time mattered. I took the test and was logged out immediately afterward. I was worried I didn't do well but the recruiter told me I got 100% of the questions right and only took 15 minutes to complete it. It wasn't a hard test, just a lot of text to sort through.

I received an invitation to meet with the CEO immediately, booked the next available spot for the next day and then got hired! Overall, it was a really quick and pleasant experience! The process was as it was stated on the website and my skills and experience really spoke for themselves.

Interview Questions

• Why is remote important to you?   1 Answer

Javascript Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clevertech in November 2019.

Interview

The recruiter started off with the weirdest question I've ever received to date:

" my only concern is sometimes we
    can't meet the salary expectations of candidates working in office jobs in
    New York. Do you have a rough idea of the compensation you are looking for,
    for a 100% remote developer role?"

First off, they assumed I was currently working in an office job. And I get hit with immediate salary questions in the first message they send to me. It's really off-putting. Then we go back and forth and they don't even give me a range of what they're looking to hire for and they immediately shoot down my number when I give one. It is completely unnecessary. Just post the salary ranges on wherever you are advertising that job opening to save time and stupid conversations. What a horrible first impression.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Clevertech in October 2019.

Interview

I was scheduled for a Zoom interview and the interviewer failed to show up twice. Said she missed something on her calendar the first time and missed my email for rescheduling the second time. When we finally got to talk, everything went well and she emailed me an assessment to proceed with the process. I completed the assessment and followed up with her 5 days ago - no answer.

Operations Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clevertech.

Interview

I spoke with a member of their HR team. She was really great and left a very positive impression. I was then requested to do a phone interview with one of the founders. This interview also went very well. I was then put in touch with their other founder for a phone interview and things went downhill from here....

The phone call was very strange. This person kept cutting me off when I was trying to answer his questions, was condescending and putting down my industry knowledge and the previous companies I worked for because it was not "cutting edge" enough (which was laughable), had a very "know it all" personality and was trying to be very manipulative with his fast-talking. Maybe this works for him with some candidates because they find it impressive and are not able to weed through the BS, but it was incredibly off-putting.

Although, he sold how "competitive" they were, I was offered a rate far-below industry standard and almost insulting (also, he will try to convince you that C2C warrants a cheaper rate - FALSE! I managed nearly 300 staffing companies and over 1000 contractors at my previous position - it is 100% the opposite, so don't let him try to deceive you). I declined and they told me that they were now flexible on rate and wanted to have another call to discuss. Even in this phone call where he was trying to woo me as a candidate, this person was again condescending, which is just a bizarre tactic.

Because of their persistence, I had suggested working together on a part-time consulting basis at a much higher rate vs. full-time and he requested to put together a comprehensive plan for them to review on how I would improve the current process, different ideas I had for the company and how I would allocate my time, etc. I put something very well-thought out together and sent it over and didn't hear back from them again - I think he was irritated I didn't accept their offer and he was just looking to waste my time. Honestly, I should have known better to put any time into this, but I was working part-time and trying to break into contract work from being a salaried employee my whole career, so figured if we could come to some kind of agreement, it may be a good way to supplement my other project.

That said: Bullet dodged. I couldn't even imagine what working with them would look like if this was just the experience during the interview. I would imagine it is a very toxic, stressful and petty environment. BEWARE!

Interview Questions

• My experience working in the industry and a similar role.   Answer Question