Clevertech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Clevertech

2.3

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clevertech in November 2018.

Interview

The whole process consisted of an online questionnaire, a few recorded video answers (to video questions), a take-home software test, then after those a few live phone (or video) calls with a recruiter, then the president, and then the CEO. The software test had a three hour time limit and consisted of multiple parts: a Redux project that needed issues fixed, a multiple choice quiz about programming, and some SQL or database testing (can't remember the details)

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge or tough situation you've dealt with in the work place   Answer Question

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clevertech (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days someone contacted me to have a phone interview. This was not a technical interview. The interview was done via Zoom. The interviewer seemed un-interested and a bit cranky. She asked me about my previous jobs and wanted to know how much salary I wanted. I found it a bit strange to talk about money so early in the process. Usually, that happens after a couple of rounds of technical interviews. I never heard back from them. I found this unprofessional. Its not really too difficult to send a generic "Sorry , we found someone better" email. Not doing that does not reflect well on the company. This could be an honest mistake, but again these things matter.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement?   1 Answer

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clevertech (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a very short Google hangout with someone from HR then did met the founder on Zoom. Everyone was really nice, and it sounds like they're doing interesting work. When it came to salary though - they just don't pay enough. Everyone is corp to corp - there are no benefits. And the founder tells me that they are paying extremely senior guys about 40% less than what I am making now.

They tout themselves as hiring senior people from Google and the like, but that really doesn't seem possible given their salary expectations. No developer at Google is going to take a 50% or highr pay cut with no benefits for the promise of "working on esomething cool." I was upfront about what I was currently making, and didn't ask for more.

The founder tried to convince me that what I'm making now isn't going rate. I can tell you that I've done a tone of interviewing and worked in lots of contract jobs and that he's flat wrong. In fact I just took another position at the "unrealistic" rate . There are a number of other people on Glassdoor with exectly the same complaint.

Everybody is remote and corp to corp - so they have very very few expenses. I can only conclude that they are either charging their clients way too little or they are they are taking a much higher cut of their consultants earnings than is reasonable.

Interview Questions

• How did you arrive at your requested salary?   1 Answer

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clevertech (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Short video recording interviews, two skype calls. Not a single technical question at any point, all about team and co-operation.

I was told they'd find me an assignment within two weeks. This never happened, and I never heard back from them after the offer. They were skittish about giving me a contract or in any way discussing the terms during the interview. Overall their communication gave me a very bad impression of them.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a conflict or dispute with a co-worker in the past?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clevertech in March 2018.

Interview

I'll keep it pretty brief, I was contacted by the managing partner via Indeed Prime. I started to do my due diligence on them by checking out Glassdoor. The verdict wasn't very favorable, so I turned down the offer to interview.

He followed up and said I should reconsider because the Glassdoor reviews were unfair etc. Against my better judgment, I decided to take the interview over Zoom.

During the face to face management interview, he literally tried to convince me I was a failure as a software engineer and I should be doing more with my life.

In a nutshell, I offended him by refusing to interview because his company had poor Glassdoor ratings, he begged me to interview, I obliged, he ridiculed me out of spite...

This guy is a complete sociopath and I 100% regret wasting my time by taking this interview.

Save your time and just say NO!

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Clevertech Response

Mar 26, 2018 – Founder

I'm sorry you felt that way! I felt terrible when I read that you had this reaction. There is certainly no design to make anyone feel badly. We are looking for world class applicants to offer long... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Na Ah Tee, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clevertech (Na Ah Tee, AZ).

Interview

There's an online form you fill out, answering the questions is a form of pre-screening. After they select your application, you do a few short video Q&As followed by a live video call for culture / personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were challenged at work and how you overcame this challenge?   Answer Question

Software Develop Interview

Interview

First they have you do an online assessment - EASY.
    Then you have a phone interview - not a screen but just a meet. Very nice.
    I then got sent to meet with the CEO (not sure why) but honestly, he was a JERK. I understand the employee reviews why they don't like him. (I'm feeling bad writing this, but honestly, don't apply if you want to respect your boss)

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clevertech (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Recorded video answers to online questions, filled out a questionnaire testing my knowledge of React/front-end dev. This got me a video screen with a very nice HR lady, who then got me a second phone screen with the founder/CEO. He immediately shut my application down after seeing I don't have a gapless work history (gasp!).

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an Element and Component in React?   1 Answer
    • What sort of application would Node.js be less suitable for?   1 Answer
    • What's with the gaps between jobs on your resume? (Really pressed me on this)   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clevertech (New York, NY).

Interview

I spoke with the founder and his partner. I had great conversations with both and was very excited about the opportunity. I was told I'd hear back about next steps in the next few days. I followed up three times and never heard a word. I understand if I wasn't a fit, but I took the time away from work for both interviews, I'd expect some kind of response letting him know. As a Recruiter, I value companies that provide positive candidate experiences, and this was not one. They were disrespectful.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clevertech (New York, NY).

Interview

First "check you are not crazy" phone screen went fine, as planned via Google Hangouts. They are used to interviewing developers so asked me about 'languages' rather than 'design skills'. Next I was contacted for 30 min call with the CEO — the invite was using a third-party conferencing software. Launched the conferencing tool — but had technical issue, with a message that host had blocked the meeting. Sent email to HR/CEO to indicate this fact, and was ignored. Haven't heard anything since. Overall left me with a rather unprofessional feeling.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clevertech.

Interview

The lady conducting the interview was very nice. I was excited for the opportunity. I was told I would hear back either way by the end of the week. That was a few weeks ago and there has been communication. Overall disappointing experience.