Clinique Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clinique Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Clinique

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique (Roanoke, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Long questionnaire that determines whether you have the right "personality" to be a consultant. If the location isn't that busy, you can still get hired despite "failing" this test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in X situation involving a customer?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Clinique

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very fast and simple process. I was called within a day of submitting an online app. I had a casual interview with a regional Clinique representative who then placed me at the Younkers Oakview retailer. I then had a short interview at Younkers and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clinique (Cambridge, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through email after seeing a post on Craiglist on Tuesday. Was contacted 2 hrs later by the Clinique Account Executive. She told me to apply through Macysjobs and that she would forward my information to them so they can pull my application. On Thursday I was called at noon to go for an interview at 2pm. I couldn't believe the short notice but I went. I interviewed with the Macys hiring manager, Clinique counter manager and Sales director all at the same time. Interview lasted about 30min and I was offered the position on the spot. Unfortunately because I'm applying during the holidays season the position is considered temporary and I will get minimum wage. But once I become permanent in February the hr rate will increase and will also get commission. Later that afternoon I got a call to schedule the Talent + interview which is a phone interview. I scheduled it for that same night. Phone interview lasted 30mins. It was very strict to asking and responding. No emotion whatsoever and she could not elaborate on the questions only repeat them.I start training Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are more money hungry than your friends?   3 Answers
    • Are you loyal? Give an example of how you are loyal? Are you honest? How loyal? How honest? on a scale of 1 to 10 how honest?   1 Answer
    • If one of your coworkers is giving away free products what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Are you more sales or service oriented?   4 Answers

Negotiation

When I asked my desired rate I asked for no less than $9 per hour. Unfortunately because the position is currently considered temporary the pay is $8. Once it becomes permanent it will increase and commission will be added as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clinique (Raleigh, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

I was called by a representative of Estee Lauder to be told that another telephone would be conducted. The interview was 30-40 minutes long. The interviewer read the questions and would not elaborate on them--it was up to me to interpret them myself.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future? Do you consider yourself loyal and why? Do you have a can-do attitude? Give an example of this in one of your previous jobs. What is more important: service or sales?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview was a simple basic standard interview, professional setting however a rapport was still able to be built between me and the hiring manager, standard questions like the online questionnaire was asked and information on the company asked

Interview Questions

• Experience based, motivations, passion for brand & skincare/ makeup   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clinique in August 2018.

Interview

I applied through the Estée Lauder Companies website. There was an online application that I filled out, after sending it off I received an email almost immediately stating that I had a digital interview that needed to be completed within 5 days. The digital interview was difficult. You have 30 seconds to come up with an answer to the question on screen then 3 minutes to give your answer. I had one attempt at each question so you need to make sure you’ve done some prior thinking about questions before starting the interview. 13 days later I received an email from the area manager stating that I had been invited to a talent day. This involves a numeracy test and a group activity about customer service during the first half of the day, and some shop floor experience on the counter and traffic stopping. I was given plenty of notice for the talent day. No offer yet as I haven’t been to the talent day.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I found the listing for this job on the Clinique Jobs page, I then filled out the online application form. Almost immediately I got an email asking me to complete an online video interview. This consisted of questions followed by a couple minutes to think about my answer, and two chances to record my answers.
    About two weeks later I got asked to interview by the Clinique area manager, who I met in a cafe nearby the location I had applied for. This interview was very short, only about 10 minutes long and most of the questions were based around promotion of sales. I was told I would receive a call the following week. I got a call on the Monday of the following week asking me to come to a store approval interview in the Boots where the Clinique counter is based.
    This interview was a lot longer at around half an hour long and was more like an informal chat. Again it focussed mainly on meeting sales goals, as well as other things that I have done and how they will help me in the job. I was basically told at the store approval that I had the job and received a call from the area manager the following Monday to confirm that I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what experience you've had over the past year?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if there was no one coming to your counter in order to meet sales goals?   1 Answer
    • Once you got someone to come to the counter, how then would you maximise their sales?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Nottingham, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Intresting but a long process. Had a online interview followed by a in store interview. Had an in store approval and was told I would hear the following week. They never contacted to tell me wryher I had the job or not

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique.

Interview

Online application with CV and cover letter, followed by HireVue video interview (Why Clinique? Why you?), if successful then invitation to assessment day at Head Office with on-counter assessment then interviews with department stores if you are able to pass the day at Head Office.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Completed online application, then received a telephone interview, followed by face-to-face interview with Area Manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what i would do to reach my sales target if i had an hour left in the day and sales had been poor.   2 Answers