Clinique Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clinique Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Clinique

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process for Clinique and Estee Lauder are both very rigorous. They are operated both by the Estee Lauder company and this position required four interviews. The position that I applied for was a full time job with Von Maur. I submitted my application and resume on their site and was called the next day to schedule a first interview for later that week.

My first interview was with the human resources manager at Von Maur. We discussed the roles, what customer service meant to me, the responsibilities of the job, what strengths and skills I would bring, and other things that would be in an initial interview like that. This interview lasted about 40 minutes. Immediately after, I was asked to stay and interview with the store manager.

This interview with the store manager was similar but we went more in depth about the position and how it would be reporting to both the store and the cosmetic line. We also went over the job description more. She also let me ask a lot more questions than she did. We took a tour of the entire department store and lingered in the cosmetic area for a while at the end. This interview lasted about an hour, and afterwards I was told that she would be sending my resume and contact information to the Estee Lauder/Clinique headquarters in New York as well as to the account executive of Clinique in their region.

A few days later, I was contacted by the Estee Lauder headquarters and told about the talent plus interview, the next step in the interview process. I scheduled that interview for the next day. The talent plus interview lasted about 45 minutes and was done over the phone. This interview was basically a questionnaire to assess skills, strengths, weaknesses and was ultimately to get a big insight into my personality to see if it would be a fit for the job. When it was finished, I was told I would be contacted soon about my results.

Later that same day, the account executive called me and told me she would like to interview me by phone the next day. This last interview lasted about 20 minutes. It was similar to the first two, where we talked about the roles and responsibilities, why I was interested in the company, and how my skills would help out the business. Afterwards, she told me she'd be calling the HR manager of Von Maur shortly to touch base with her, and I'd be contacted by them soon after if an offer was or was not going to be made. The HR manager called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Clinique?   Answer Question
  • What is a social issue that you feel strongly about and would stick up for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Clinique

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique.

Interview

The whole process has taken about 3 weeks. I applied online. Got an email for an interview the following week. Got a phone interview the week after. Now waiting to see if I'll be hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable applying makeup on someone else's face or hands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique (Hodgkins, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was recommended by the Clinique Counter Manager, who is also a friend, to apply for the position. We had great sales chemistry (this Clinique counter was inside an Ulta) so she wanted an associate she knew could complete the job. I had the first interview with the Counter Manager's manager. It was easy as pie. She also helped prep me a little for the Esteé Lauder Talent Plus phone interview. A couple days later, I had the phone interview and the woman on the phone had a great energy to her up until she had to jump into the interview. For the interview process, she had to keep her voice neutral and could not go into detail as to what the questions meant so as to give as objective an interview as possible. Some of the questions were strange. It's a nerve wracking interview because the Esteé Lauder company seems to really only want to see your personality, as opposed to how hard you work. I felt I did pretty good in the interview, but I unfortunately did not pass. The man who reviewed my interview felt that I did not show interest in growing with the company because I answered, "I see myself growing with Clinique and eventually being on the corporate team doing graphic design work." The question I had been asked was, "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Interview Questions

• what is something you are so passionate about that you would publicly defend it?   Answer Question
    • are you hard on yourself when you don't meet your goals?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clinique.

Interview

I went to the store and someone bring me to the executive office. There are three ppl inside the room. I handed in my resume and they start to look at it. The question is not hard, but you need to say a lot about each question.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? R u comfortable to work under the sales target environment?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinique (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was roughly 10-15 minutes and fairly simple questions. The interview was a lot more informal than I had imagined, it was conducted in the House of Fraser cafeteria, Birmingham. I prepared for the interview by doing research on the history of the company, however most of what I had researched was not needed to be recalled during the interview.