Clipper Magazine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clipper Magazine Interview Questions

2.7

Media Advertising Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine (Gaithersburg, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a company recruiter .
    Then I went to a face to face meeting in Gaithersburg with the field manager and the regional manager which i met at the Hilton Hotel for over an hour.
    Then a week later i was contacted by Human resources and was asked to e-mail over three professional references.

After a week went by i sent an e-mail to the HR contact to see if they had contacted my references and got a reply back that they did not think that my experienced matched up to the position .
    What i do not understand was why they asked for the references a week after the interview if they were not going to go forward , Especially since they did not call any of the references.
    My feeling was that if i did not send the e-mail to inquire about my references they would have not felt the need to contact me and tell me anything .

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions no real suprises   1 Answer

ASC Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine.

Interview

The hiring manager did all the talking. There was another employee in the interview but he didn't add anything. I barely said a word and somehow was hired. I found it very odd.

Interview Questions

• I don't think he actually asked any questions. He talked a lot but didn't really say anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter was very knowledgeable and informative. Asked questions about yourself, then reviewed job, gave chance to ask questions about the company. It was about 2 hours over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Lots of generic questions, "Describe a time when you made a great sale, Something went wrong, etc..."   Answer Question

Sep 25, 2015 – Sales Recruiting Coordinator

We're happy to hear you had a positive experience with our recruiting team. Thank you for your interest in Clipper Magazine!

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine (Lancaster, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

First I met with the HR director, talked about past experience and presented portfolio. Then I took an InDesign assessment test which evaluated a basic understanding of InDesign and ability to design. The test involved being given some basic copy, stock images, and general directions for creating a typical ad and having about an hour to design it. About a week later, I met with the Creative Director and several other Art Directors and department mangers in a group style interview to present my portfolio for the second time. The HR director, followed up with me about 2 weeks afterwards, although I didn't follow through with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you to work at Clipper Magazine?   1 Answer

Sep 25, 2015 – Sales Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, we're happy to hear you had a positive experience with us and wish you the best in your career path.

Account Executive Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine (Anaheim, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied thru Indeed, Two phone interviews with different level inside recruiters, 1:1 with Regional Manager and then no communication even after emailing recruiter to find out what the next steps were--very confusing since everything seemed like it was leading to an offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was more on a conversation level.
      What was a typical day cold calling out in the field?   1 Answer
    • How many representatives did you previously work with in your office?   1 Answer

Sep 25, 2015 – Sales Recruiting Coordinator

We're sorry to hear the end of your interviewing process was not a positive one. Our team has been trying to better ourselves at making sure each candidate receives follow up regardless of the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Corporate HR very professional and structured. Be prepared. Local Clipper management has no offices, usually meet at Panera, very informal. Manager to self absorbed to pay attention to details

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine.

Interview

Phone, online application, then in person with manager which was scheduled at a hotel for the end of day. It was pretty fast considering how long and how many steps a lot of companies take before they even grant you an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Clipper Magazine Response

Sep 25, 2015 – Sales Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, we are working diligently to make our process fluid and consistent. Your input will help us do that and we appreciate you reaching out.

Account Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine (Lancaster, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

first i was interviewed by human resources, i then took a skills test and then i came back another day and got interviewed by 3 people at the same time, the manager and two supervisors

Multimedia Advertising Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine in August 2014.

Interview

Recruiter found my profile on LinkedIn. Aggressively called and emailed. Opportunity looked like it could have potential. Fine, I'll do a phone interview. Recruiter didn't call at the appointed time. Had to call her. "Oops! Sorry!" First words out of her mouth were "selling space in print magazine." Not multimedia, not integrated marketing...print. Print is on life support kept alive only by the revenues from digital, email.

AND, its strictly cold-calling. No lead generation at all. Forget it. Thanks, bye.

Interview Questions

• Its all cold calling; is that alright with you?   1 Answer

Sep 25, 2015 – Sales Recruiting Coordinator

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. Our team has done a lot of updating and modernization to our candidate screening process. Also, as an organization we've grown exponentially... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Clipper Magazine.

Interview

Applied, phone interview, 1:1 interview, wait...hired

Interview Questions

• Standard questions on phone interview, 1:1 interview was more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sep 25, 2015 – Sales Recruiting Coordinator

We're glad to hear you had a positive experience with us and hope your career thus far has been a good fit for you.