Clopay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.9

Distribution Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clopay (Lansing, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

1st step: Phone interview. 2nd Step: if your selected to move forward in the hiring process, an onsite interview is arranged. I could immediately tell that this position was not a good cultural fit. The manager was unfriendly and when I asked her management style she said "direct". I was informed that I would hear back within 1-2 weeks regarding their hiring decision. Not a very pleasant interview experience.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clopay (Dayton, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Had to take an on site drug test and tell the employee if the job offered was a good fit for you or not and tell them how could you benifit the cpmpany.

Interview Questions

• Does this sound like something your interested in.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clopay in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for Clopay and they called to schedule me for an interview. I went to HR and they sent me to the other side of the building alone to find who I was supposed to interview with. I waited in the lobby (after taking about 10-15 minutes looking for the correct location) and waited. After about 20 minutes no one came out so I went into the main hall way and started looking for someone to ask. After about the third person they figured out who was supposed to interview me and the manager came and got me. There were two managers in a room with me asking questions. After the interview they said I would hear back in about two weeks. I received a phone call later that day with an offer. The following week I went in to take my urine drug test and I also had to have a background check. It was about 3.5 weeks before my first day of work. Overall a pretty easy process it just took awhile to get started.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker and how the issue was resolved?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clopay.

Interview

Found the company on job posting online. It started with a phone interview with Human Resources about basic things. After that it was a phone interview with national and regional directors where they got to know me and my history. Then I had to take an online "IQ" test. After this cut, there was in-person interviews with both national and regional directors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.

Senior Programmer Interview

Interview

the initial contacts were handled by my body shop. i was phone screened twice, by 3 quite knowledgeable programmers -- all 3 were contractors, out of 3 different shops. since all 3 obviously wanted someone from their shop to get the position they grilled me pretty well but, in the end, it was clear which of the 4 of us was the most knowledgeable of the lot. even so, it took a month of hageling to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• the "senior project manager" who interviewed me (a clopay employee) quite obviously could not spell UNIX, SQL, or c! typical accountant, he thought he knew it all. i had to gently correct him at every turn. being **very** discreet is probably what got me the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

since i went in as a contractor, the negotiations were handled by the bodyshop.

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clopay (Nashville, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

First met with the HR Director, then department Supervisor. This was after taking a skills/personality test. The test took about 45 minutes and you know the results before leaving. They then send that to HR and they contact you to set up for an interview. If you get through that interview, you then will interview with the department supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with others and alone when needed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was what I wanted so there so was no negotiation needed

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clopay (Troy, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic Phone then site interview

Director of Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clopay (Dayton, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then 1 on 1 , then panel of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Best way to gan productivity   1 Answer

Had a second offer that I choose

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clopay (Mason, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

I went through several interviews, more than I ever have had with any other company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable