Cloudera Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cloudera Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Cloudera

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process consisted of a phone call, in person interview with 3 managers from different segments that Cloudera covers, 2 phone interviews after that with upper level managers.

I had a great experience, because communication was constant and they were transparent and thorough in making sure they were choosing the right person.

Interview Questions

I thought compensation package could have been better compared to my other offers. There's also either a contract to hire position or being brought on right away depending on experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Cloudera

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first. Face to face interviews with 3 SDR managers. First you talk to recruiter on the phone for the initial interview. In-person interview process required to interview with the managers. Process took about an hour and half.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Had first call with recruiter who scheduled, or said they would schedule an in-person interview with management within one business day, two at absolute latest. Five business days later, no response, I followed up to radio silence. Three days later I received an in-person interview for a week in the future. Finally had in-person interview, and waited another 5 business days without response from recruiter Pepe. Very disappointing process, lack of transparency and communication and could not recommend.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

My initial contact was through a recruiter, with whom I had a brief phone interview before I officially submitted an application. After that, I was brought into the office for four 30-minute interviews (two over Skype and two face-to-face.) I received feedback early on and was brought in for a final interview the following week. The entire process only took two weeks, from the initial phone interview to the formal offer.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

-Initial Recruiter phone call screen (30 min)
    -Call with SDR Manger (45 min)
    -In-person at HQ interview with SDR manager and 3 SDRs (90 min)
    -In-person SF office with VP of Field Ops and 3 different SDRs (120 min)

The interviewers were friendly and easy to talk too. Both HQ and SF offices were super sweet.

Interview Questions

• What's your prior sales experience?
      Walk me through your resume.
      Why Cloudera?
      What do you know about Cloudera?
      What do you know about Hadoop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Incredible! From Application Submission to Hire took 8 business days. The entire process was classy and positive from start to finish. They believe in Skype interviews as opposed to phone calls only - big plus. Susan Webb went above and beyond the average screener's interview. She was warm, took time to understand my background, and even offered pointers to tweak my resume for the next round. Truly an exceptional experience -- especially when compared to the screeners from other major businesses in the tech industry.

Interview Questions

• Describe Cloudea's products and services and why a company would be interested in them.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cloudera in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was standard skype screen with a recruiter then a skype call with the hiring manager. The recruiter was nice. She asked for my GPA and activities in college which I thought was weird since I'm 4 years out of college and it's an entry level cold-calling position. Hiring manager was aloof and refused to answer some questions about product.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position at 10 p.m. and by 9:00 a.m. the next day a recruiter emailed me to schedule a Skype interview.

Within 37 hour of applying I was having the initial interview which consisted of standard screening questions. The recruiter was very professional and generous with her time. At the end of the interview the recruiter offered another Skype interview with the Hiring Manager on the same day.

Three hours later I was talking to the Hiring Manager. He provided a few direct question but mostly wanted you to sell yourself for the SDR role.

Within 10 minutes of the second interview I received a phone call (not email) thanking me for my interest, but unfortunately I wasn't seen as a fit for the position.

I was told that Cloudera was looking for a specific fit who they think they could train to sell their solutions. Thorough technical knowledge of their solutions was not expected for the SDR position as extensive training would be provided.

Overall: Cloudera has been among the most prompt, professional and courteous companies which I have had the pleasure of interviewing with. It was nice to see such a personal and speedy approach to recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Being a fresh graduate with light professional experience; what can you bring to Cloudera that makes you qualified for the SDR role?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cloudera in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 24hrs for a Skype interview. I interviewed with the recruiter and she sent me on to interview with the hiring manager. It was a simple, quick process. The recruited called me and told me that I wouldn't be moving on about a week later. I asked for feedback and she said the only thing she had was "too high energy"--seems strange that would be a con in a sales position, but hey, every company is different. Word to the wise--don't be too bubbly or outgoing if you want to work here

Interview Questions

• Tell me your employment history and background like a story   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Stacey Pentland is awesome. I really recommend finding her on LinkedIn if you're interested in Cloudera and working with her, because she's an awesome recruiter. I had a 15 minute video conference with Beth, a Sales Manager and was moved to the next stage, which requires meeting in person at the Austin Cloudera office with Beth and 2 other sales managers.

After a couple days, I met with all 3 Sales Managers and even though we had only 30 minutes allocated for the interview, I felt very sure within the first 10 minutes that this is an amazing company. Afterwards I got a job offer but it took a few days to be finalized because it needed the signature of the VP of Sales in Palo Alto, and he was on vacation.

Cloudera and another tech company had extended job offers, but after talking to Stacey Pentland for almost an hour (or more) and my experience with the 3 Sales Managers, I signed the offer and declined the other company. Stacey was very knowledgeable in Cloudera in just 2 months of working there, and answered every concern and doubt of mine. Overall, an awesome experience!