Cloudera Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cloudera Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 different recruiters from Cloudera. I got two different job roles and we agreed on the one to proceed ahead which looked more relevant. Had an initial phone interview on Coding. After that, went for onsite in one and half weeks. Had 5 interviews in total including one with Hiring manager (includes lunch). I found the engineers very helpful and engaging during the interviews expect for one interviewer. He was on his phone went we met and was using his phone during the time I was doing white-boarding. Otherwise he was good and everyone else was very good and nice. I could not answer some theoretical questions in one the interviews but the interviewer was very polite and moved on the next question.
They loved working there and seems to be excited about the work and new office. Overall the interview process is pretty standard, however their feedback takes long and could not work for someone with strict deadlines. I have received positive feedback but there has not been any decision yet as they are interviewing more candidates. I am too interviewing so this works for me as of now.

Interview Questions

• Similar to what is mentioned by other candidates. Do data structures, algorithms, threads, object oriented concepts and design patterns.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cloudera

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudera (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen 2 months after applying. 2 months after that, I got a notice 1 week in advance to meet with the team on-site for some open ended discussions. Overall pretty pleasant. At the end they said they were still interested, but not ready to move forward at the time. A little puzzling why I'd brought on-site if they weren't ready to move forward, but the process went mostly smoothly (other than the short notice for on-site interview) and they managed the communication well.

Interview Questions

• I asked more questions than they did. Their questions were about technologies I'd used, projects I'd worked on, ways that I'd need to grow to meet the requirements of the job, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cloudera (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I had. The whole process was smoothly organized. It starts with a technical phone screen that tests your basic DS knowledge. Final on site is 6 rounds of interviews 1 hour each. Everyone was friendly and accommodating starting from recruiter to managers. The engineers provided hints and didn't drill me on something I didn't know. They are all super smart people and it was a great learning experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

On-site screening followed by full day screen. They asked a dynamic programming question, design question, some network protocol questions. Most engineers were average with some better than others. They asked to describe how a web request will flow through the various networks stacks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process took 6 hours to meet interviewers, one for each interviewer. Cloudera provided lunch, and also HR prepared some drinks and snacks at the beginning. The process is professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are mainly data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cloudera.

Interview

My interview process was fairly intensive as I was interviewing for a very critical position. I believe the behavior of the people in my process was normal, but the length and intensity might not be similar. Anyway, I had an initial phone screening with HR followed by a phone screening with the hiring manager. This was followed by an on-site interview in the office I will be working out of, and lastly an on-site interview in Palo Alto. Everyone was very nice and there weren't any ridiculous questions that are meant to trick you. Just straight-forward, "Can you do the work?"

Interview Questions

• How would you develop an interface for a test harness in Java?   1 Answer
    • How would you develop a REST layer in JAX-RS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview was very smooth and pleasant. The interviewers are very professionals and enjoyed talking with them. Overall, it is a nice interview. I really like the way the responsibilities of the role were explained by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• system design questions -- related to distributed systems   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cloudera (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a hackerrank coding link . On completion had a phone interview scheduled. The interviewer was very good and friendly. Questions were based on my resume and about distributed systems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Applied online and recruiter contacted in a couple of days. Went through two technical phone screens which went pretty well. After that, no response from the company. Online application is still in progress. They stop replying to your emails. At least have the decency to respond to emails. Looks like they think their time is too valuable to respond to candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudera in April 2016.

Interview

got internal referral. Was contacted and sent a coding exam and passed it. Later then, got a phone interview asking questions related to previous project and some technical questions related to the team. But didn't go through very well. Got rejection on the next day.