Cloudmark Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Cloudmark Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cloudmark (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three ops people and one DBA talked to me. The questions were super easy. They literally asked me to solve FizzBuzz. We talked about some architecture stuff and tuning mysql databases.

Interview Questions

• Someone gave me a printout of an obfuscated perl program and asked me what it did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i asked for 10k more and they gave it to me, they were desperate

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudmark (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the CTO and others in the same position I applied for by phone. Then later interviewed in person with the CTO and met the CEO. (CEO did not really interview me.)

I already knew many people at the company quite well and they were familiar with me and my abilities. It wasn't a terribly grueling interview process.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cloudmark (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

1. One hour phone interview with web team manager.
    2. Four hours of In-person set of 1:1 interviews with web, database engineers and head of engineering department.
    3. Second in person interview cancelled.
    4. Job offer in a few days.
    5. Started under two weeks later.

Very professionally handled interview process. They were more interested in how I went about solving technical problems, than in my arriving at the correct (or any) solution in every case.

Be prepared to be interviewed by people not directly related to your job, they will test your extremes.

Interview Questions

• How would you optimize the following Oracle SQL query...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate. They offered me a better position than the one I interviewed for. They offered me what I wanted in salary and a slab of stock as well.