Clover Technologies Interview Questions in Hoffman Estates, IL | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clover Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

This was one of the most disorganized, confusing and frustrating interview process I have ever been on. It lasted almost a month and a half; and only stopped becuase i asked more a more definite answer going forward; and they couldn't get me one. If I continued with the background check it would easily lasted 2.5 months. The interview process went as so: I completed a phone interview and then was scheduled to meet with the manager over the small sales group I would be a part of. The first manager I met was great and I felt he was the only one truly prepared throughout this whole process. However, I was told the next step was to meet his manager; which is the manager over the entire sales department. I meet with him a week later and I have never had an interview quite like that. He had random questions and would cut me off. He also stated that everyone in the department I'm interviewing for is male and that it's a frat house. He said it's a drama free zone and he doesn't won't gossip. (I'm female) I said I would enjoy that but then told a story about his wife and how she gossips; and females gossip. He stated he felt I might be better in customers service rather than sales. I then stated my impressive sales records and stated that I've worked in a male dominated environment and have succeed. He backed up and said he wouldn't waste his time with me if he didn't think I wasn't qualified. He then had me meet the sales lead for the department. This individual said I must be doing really well if I'm meeting him. When I was walked out, I was told next steps and was given every impression I got the job. However, later that week I got a vague email from the recruiter stating the department manager would rather I interview for a customer service position. This then started a crazy two weeks, where I was interviewed by two different woman who forgot they were interviewing me nor knew what position I was there for. They had no real questions for me and I waited a half hour for the interview to even start. I was told later they had made a mistake and I wasnt even suppose to interview with either of them, there went another week. Then I meet a different individual for another position in the customer service department. And then after interviewing with seven people, my recruiter stopped responding to me. It took a week for me to even get an answer on what happens next and the answer was he didn't have one. He said he's hopefully in another week he might have a clearer answer. When I stated that I have meet with a number of people, been more than understanding and accommodating with the hiccups, mistakes, and being yanked around for well over a month and needed somewhat of an answer. He said they had some details to work out first but couldn't promise a job offer at this time; and that he didn't know when he could or if he ever could. He suggested I should go with other opportunities because he would hate to see them not offer me this position after I wait even longer. I went with one of the two other offers I received while waiting on this company. I couldn't say I wanted this position after all of this. If the interview process is any indication of how it is to work, it shows a very disorganized and unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• In sales, the main question was are you an advisor or pleaser.   1 Answer

Account Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clover Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a great interviewing experience. I applied online and received a call from HR fairly soon after. There were some brief questions asked and then told some information about the company and position. I scheduled my next interview during the HR screening. At my face to face interview I met with 3 different managers. All of them were very pleasant and personable. There were all very conversational style interviews, which was great and different than I'm use to. The next day I was asked when I could schedule a final interview with the boss of the three previous managers I had interviewed with. The final interview was very pleasant as well and made me feel optimistic about having the opportunity to work at Clover.

Interview Questions

• What will your title be in 10 years?   1 Answer

Role Was Described As TBD Based On Interviews Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clover Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was a Skype interview followed by an onsite interview with 3 individuals. While innovative and intriguing, it's very difficult to formulate position specific answers when the interviewee doesn't know the specifics of the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple simultaneous high priority fires?   Answer Question

Junior Forecaster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clover Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

1. Phone Screen

They asked basic questions about yourself and your abilities.

2. One on One interview

More in-depth questions about your work experience.

3. Second interview is with the Manager of the Department and the person who interviewed previously.

For this interview, the questions were more hypothetical. They want to know how you would handle certain assignments.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clover Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

A basic interview process, I came in and answer questions about my past careers and experience. Next was a phone tech screening with their consultant IT engineer. After which the IT Director wanted to hire me but wanted to talk to the consultant IT engineer who gave me the screening first. I received a call back 5 days later, the IT Director offered me the position, but told me not to put in noticed yet. As I had to go through the background check process. I did not put in notice and talked with the HR representative. He started the back ground check process.

The HR representative went ahead and contacted my current employer without letting me know and gave them a survey to do, asked them for a recommendation and job information. This left me in an awkward situation, as now my current job knew I was looking for a different job. I provided the HR representative six references which they ask for. They didn’t contact any of them. A few days later the IT Director contacts me, and would like me to come in and meet with 2 more Directors. I meet with them, just basic introduction interviews, no tech questions or past employment questions. Later that week I get an email from the IT Director stating they were going to interview a couple more people but I was still the front runner. The next week I get an email stating they will not be pursuing me for employment.

Clover Technologies left me out to dry. They offer me the job, then contacted my current employer without letting me know, had me come in for more interviews, and then rescinded the job offer for no reason given. Pretty much leaving me in a bad situation with my current employer.
    They need hiring training and HR department needs to be overhaul. Very bad hiring practices. Totally screwed me over at my current employer. Buyer beware!!

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clover Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

It began with a phone call from the company recruiter asking basic questions about why I was interested in the job. During that conversation I was asked to pick a time to interview, which I set up for the following week.

The person interviewing was cold, impersonal, and with poor social skills. The interview was very short as the person interviewing stated we would only be looking at my portfolio, and informed me we would not discuss the position. I was about three minutes into my portfolio when she wanted to see concepts—which mostly everything I showed were concepts, however,I think she meant designing brand concepts. I didn't get a chance to get to my logo designs as I was defending my concepts. I was told my work lacked concepts, and although I had a great deal of experience, I would not be a good fit. This took about ten minutes.

I asked if she had seen my online portfolio prior and she said yes, and I would question at this point why I was asked to show my portfolio lacking concepts if she has already concluded I did not have the appropriate samples. I would also ask why I was in the interview at all if this was the case.

So, I left very confused. It was a bad experience that could have been avoided, and I have never been interviewed by someone that straightforward and rude. She wanted to cut it short, and I guess the best way to do that is to announce I was not compatible. It was very shocking.

I think the job description could have been written better to better describing in more detail the candidate they were seeking.

Interview Questions

• The only question was about my immediate job history that was outlined in my resume. We went straight to work samples (very different type of interview).   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clover Technologies (Hoffman Estates, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The first interview was with the team manager and lead team engineer, which was to determine if there was a good enough fit. After that, a small project that spanned both front- and back-end was assigned.