ClubCorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.1

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ClubCorp (Houston, TX).

Interview

I actually applied online and called 3 days after to check the status. I would call to see what jobs were available and they specially told me all jobs were posted online & apply there. I realizing everyone there got hired by coming up to the club and asking for an application later on. Which was really annoying. The interview was great. The hiring manager knew after reviewing my resume I could do the application but still asked the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well I was told they only had one rate for the position but I was more than welcomed to move up if possible.

Banquet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ClubCorp (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was interviewing for a country club owned by Club Corp. My first interview went great kind of long but good conversation and I got a soft offer that day. However when I came back for my official offer they had me start all the paper work as if I already took the job with out telling me any of the benefits. I filled the paper work out anyways because the manager was in a meeting and couldn't come to the time we set up for my offer meeting. Once I finally heard the offer an hour later I realized the pay wasn't salary but based on tip share for a manager, which I thought was weird. I asked for a week to think about it and they respond that a week was fine. I got back to them by the end of the week to only get ignored for days. Each day I either called and left a message or emailed, only to get no response. I found this unprofessional and rude. Finally when they got back to me days later they retracted there offer because I took more then 2 days to get back to them and they claimed that meant I didn't want to work there. By the end of the crap they put me through I didn't want to work there any more. I couldn't understand not taking five seconds to send an email back saying lets move forward with your hiring paper work or what ever. This process started fine and ended terribly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ClubCorp in September 2016.

Interview

Had several interviews. All went well and everyone was very friendly. Had several phone conversation with regional management. They awkard but ending up being fine. I wish they would have been more upfront of the demanding hours

Events Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ClubCorp in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call a few days later. The phone interview was very quick and painless. I came into the club for an interview with the General Manager, and it was a typical interview, nothing crazy. The General Manager then introduced me to a director I would be reporting to and that was great because I got to see and interact with the person I would be on a team with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Event Assistant Interview

Interview

Didn't know my name or anything about me at all. I recommend calling to reiterate important details before traveling for an interview. Very frustrating and a major waste of time.

Banquet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ClubCorp (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview on site. On the same day I was also introduced to and met with the person who I'd be working with and we spoke in a small group of 3.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ClubCorp.

Interview

Very intimidating. A lot of the management in one room.They all had individual questions and they didnt seem too friendly to the interviewees. Overall it was pretty okay. They did expect someone to fit a certain role and had to make sure that the new hire was exactly what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a lot to finish by a deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ClubCorp (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with all members of the regional team one at at time. All spoke with me about how great I've been and how they were going to help me out. I just had to wait for an opening. I was already in the company and had a proven track record with them. I had been successful in building teams and proving success at multiple locations before. They fed me hope and made promises that they actually had no intention keeping. I was hopeful and dedicated. I sacrificed a lot for them I was thinking how could they not help me out like they say there are going to. But it was proven to me that they had zero intentions the whole time to give me what I was promised after a bit of time. It was all a show to try to keep me longer and buy them more time.

Another proven fact is they will go periods of time without department heads and limp along while others pick up the slack to save more on a period. When really in most cases they know already who the next person they have on deck is. Most of the time they have a man on deck for a lot of the positions. That's not bad that's business. Its bad to make others pick up the slack and give them nothing for it for there own gain.

Interview Questions

• How much I was expecting and needed.   1 Answer

Sales Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ClubCorp (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a standard interview. I was interviewed by the head of sales tax and the tax software consultant. It was held at their office. I was offered a range of times to interview at and it was very easy to schedule a meeting. The hiring manger asked me if I wanted the job. I said yes and asked "Are you making me an offer or are you planning to make me an offer?" I was told "Yes we are going to make you an offer. Wait one week for us to run it through HR."

After waiting two week without a word I reached out to them to discover they gave the job to someone else who was "more hungry for the job."

Pros: Easy to schedule interviews, The people people I met seemed friendly, Quick interview timeline

Cons: If you fail to timely follow up with them they will pass you over, even if they told you otherwise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I knew about the company.

They asked me why I wanted to work in sales tax.

I was asked about how my willingness to learn new technology.

I was asked about my skills using Microsoft office products including excel.
      1 Answer

Outside Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ClubCorp (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

interviewed by position manager at job location
    very easy. very few questions.
    one day interview
    interviewer very personable
    very relaxed interviewing atmosphere
    in and out in 20 minutes
    waiting about two weeks for a response
    received offer