CoStar Group Interview Questions in Columbia, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Employee referral from an old classmate. Received an Email link to an online application. Phone screening the next day. In-person interview a week later. In-person interview consisted of a side-by-side sit in with an experienced employee including a mock phone call (using a script to call another person in the building, its just to see if you're comfortable talking to a stranger on the phone). Also two separate 1:1 interviews, one with a manager-level employee and one with a "director" level. Got an unofficial offer the day after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a lot of outgoing call experience in your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working in a metric-driven environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your understanding of the position so far.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a time you were part of a team success?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an overall positive interview experience. Multiple people scheduled to interview at once. You sit through three interview sessions, and the process takes about 2 hours and 30 min. One involves shadowing someone in the research associate positon. At the end you do a mock call. The other two involve sitting down with two upper level mangers, both of whom were very laid back, open and honest.

Interview Questions

• Name one personal or professional experience that you're most proud of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD).

Interview

On phone interview then a two hour in-person interview. During the two hour interview, for the first hour you sit with a researcher and they explain and show you what they do. Also they test to see if you can do basic Excel functions and make you do a mock phone call. Then the last hour is with a Research Director and a Research Manager. They also do a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Costar? (during the phone interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Standard phone screen. Had the in-person interview the same week. The in-person interview consisted of a HR/Recruiting overview, Side by Side Research Associate Interview and a Research Manager/Director panel interview. The process was about 3 hours, very conversational and informative. They provide you with a lot of information and give you a chance to kind of visualize what you will be doing on a daily basis. There also is a short phone interview you will have to do during the side by side.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

They called me on the phone and asked me questions over the phone. Then they invited me for a second Interview. I went in and took a test and then got Interviewed for about an hour by a Manager, he asked a lot of the questions over and over but in a diffrent way. Then I sat with an RA for half an hour to get the feel of the job. Then I went and Interviewed with the director for about half an hour. The next day I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope not able to