CoStar Group Interview Questions in Maryland | Glassdoor

CoStar Group Interview Questions in Maryland

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Employee referral from an old classmate. Received an Email link to an online application. Phone screening the next day. In-person interview a week later. In-person interview consisted of a side-by-side sit in with an experienced employee including a mock phone call (using a script to call another person in the building, its just to see if you're comfortable talking to a stranger on the phone). Also two separate 1:1 interviews, one with a manager-level employee and one with a "director" level. Got an unofficial offer the day after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a lot of outgoing call experience in your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working in a metric-driven environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your understanding of the position so far.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a time you were part of a team success?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an overall positive interview experience. Multiple people scheduled to interview at once. You sit through three interview sessions, and the process takes about 2 hours and 30 min. One involves shadowing someone in the research associate positon. At the end you do a mock call. The other two involve sitting down with two upper level mangers, both of whom were very laid back, open and honest.

Interview Questions

• Name one personal or professional experience that you're most proud of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD).

Interview

On phone interview then a two hour in-person interview. During the two hour interview, for the first hour you sit with a researcher and they explain and show you what they do. Also they test to see if you can do basic Excel functions and make you do a mock phone call. Then the last hour is with a Research Director and a Research Manager. They also do a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Costar? (during the phone interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Standard phone screen. Had the in-person interview the same week. The in-person interview consisted of a HR/Recruiting overview, Side by Side Research Associate Interview and a Research Manager/Director panel interview. The process was about 3 hours, very conversational and informative. They provide you with a lot of information and give you a chance to kind of visualize what you will be doing on a daily basis. There also is a short phone interview you will have to do during the side by side.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

They do not take your resume into consideration and the experiences you have acquired. In case you want to be stuck on a phone calling clients 60% of the time doing some marketing, then stay with Costar. If you want a career path, then move on and search somewhere else because Costar is not worth it.

Interview Questions

• What is the Research Associate Role?   1 Answer

I do not see myself in a marketing role

Senior News Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Baltimore, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Resume was submitted with full list of experience, accolades, recommendations from past employers, etc. A few phone interviews were conducted and the process took quite a while, but I imagine it was because they took care in their selection.

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate within in a small range. The company is large, so know position levels and what they are willing to pay based on experience

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Bethesda, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Series of interviews ending in a mock presentation to the hiring manager. Personality and cognitive testing was used as well. Interviews with HR, line manager and a senior sales leader. The final step was the mock presentation.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are the CoStar rep and sell us CoStar. Pretend we are a company for which you have done discovery. Show us why costar is the solution for us and then give us a live demo.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a fairly "take it or leave it" affair.

Anonymous Employee in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (White Marsh, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

A lot of marketing of their product to get you to understand how it works. They take you on a a tour of the offices, give you an overview of what an RA's day looks like, let you meet a few friendly people. They're a mill that just churns out RA's, so they're not looking for anything special in candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you find interesting about real estate? Can you name the parties involved in a real estate deal? Do you feel comfortable cold calling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Columbia, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

They called me on the phone and asked me questions over the phone. Then they invited me for a second Interview. I went in and took a test and then got Interviewed for about an hour by a Manager, he asked a lot of the questions over and over but in a diffrent way. Then I sat with an RA for half an hour to get the feel of the job. Then I went and Interviewed with the director for about half an hour. The next day I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope not able to

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Bethesda, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

1. Initial phone interview with hr rep, about 30 mins, historical, behavioral questions
    2. In person interview expect to be there 3-4hrs.
     First you have to complete a computerized skill test, fairly simple.
    Second is a historical and behavioral interview with a manager, about 90 mins
    Third sit with a current researcher and see what they do, this is a good way to see the job first hand, lasts about 30 minutes.
    Lastly you have a brief 30 minute interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in commercial real estate research?   Answer Question