CoStar Group Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CoStar Group Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at CoStar Group

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

First step is short phone interview with recruiter, basic questions, why real estate? why costar? Next is in person interview at HQ with 3 different parts. 1st part is quick meet and greet with recruiter. 2nd is side by side with senior research associate, short mock phone call and excel exercise( filter, sort, sum). 3rd is panel interview with two mangers . From time of application to time of offer was less than 2 weeks, very fast process.

Interview Questions

• Why Costar?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to works as a team and what was your responsibility, the end goal, and results.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CoStar Group

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief,concise interview for 30 minutes and see the floor. Shadow employee for an hour. See the building and have any questions answered. Very useful and efficient interview process. Took a couple hours but the time went by fast trying to soak everything in.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial interview with on campus recruiter and then flown to DC for interviews with 4 different members.Standard interview with managers in the company. Phone simulation and data entry with research associate that was similar to what the job actually is. Should have realized that and not accepted the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth. It's a two-part interview and takes up a total of 2.5 hours. The first hour is spent shadowing a research Associate at their desk. You watch them conduct a phone interview and how they collect information for their database. The RA will ask you to make a mock phone call but it's not very difficult seeing as though you are given a script to read from and the call is placed to an employee within the office. The second part of the interview is a sit down panel style discussion with Research team managers. They will ask you general questions about your resume, your work ethic, your duties as a RA, and try to guage you general interest and commitment to CoStar and commercial real estate. It's important to remain enthusiastic and excited about CoStar and commercial real estate.

Interview Questions

• Why commercial real estate? Why CoStar? Where do you see your self a year from now? If you could have any job a year from now what would it be? How are your time management skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by two in person interviews. At first I was scheduled for the wrong department and interviewed anyway to see if I had interest in their new multifamily department. I politely declined stating my interest in other parts of commercial real estate, specifically portfolio research. Three days later I was brought in for an interview with a manager of a team and a regional director. The next week I received a call and job offer.

Interview Questions

• Did you look at our website?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth. It was like any other standard interview that one has gone to. I was asked a series of questions so that they could see why I was interested in the job as well as the company. They also asked about how I possibly wanted to further my career.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process works thliek this:
    First informal phone interview. 1h 20m
    Second is in person interview. 3 hours
    This part of interview they inform you about costar then you go to a mock research call, then finally an interview with the research mangers.in the final part of the interview they ask you about you resume and I believe they test you on how well you deal with interruptions,but this is speculation. Over all great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time.... Very generic questions. In my case those type of questions ended relatilvy quickly and we discussed past experiences that would help me achieve my goals at costar.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

One phone screening, and then an in-person interview at their headquarters. Met with the research director who is a nice guy, received an offer the next day. Drug test required within a week of receiving offer letter. Interview did not take more than 30 minutes, and questions were easy to answer, low pressure and somewhat informal.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about commercial real estate, phone skills, work history.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

They do not take your resume into consideration and the experiences you have acquired. In case you want to be stuck on a phone calling clients 60% of the time doing some marketing, then stay with Costar. If you want a career path, then move on and search somewhere else because Costar is not worth it.

Interview Questions

• What is the Research Associate Role?   1 Answer

I do not see myself in a marketing role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick and from the time I submitted my resume to final decision took about 2 weeks. The first interview was a quick screening interview via phone that took about 20 minutes and from there I was asked to come in for an in-office interview. There were three other candidates and the whole interview took about 3 hours. Started off with an HR overview of the job, shadowing of a real research associate, and then finally a one-on-one interview with a Research Manager.