CoStar Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.5

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially had a phone screen with a recruiter after I submitted a resume. Average phone screen, asked about back ground, asked about expected salary. Scheduled interview for one week later.

First, met with a current research associate and went over her day to day. Listened to a few calls that she made and then made a mock call of my own to another associate about. For the call the you are given a script to read off of. Next, met with two managers. Pretty standard interview. Reviewed my resume and background, asked why Costar, why real estate. Standard. At the end met with the VP of Research, closed with a recap and any questions I may have.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

A recruiter directly from the company reached out to me regarding my online resume. I let her know that I was interested. I had a brief phone interview and then an interview with a team of research managers.

Research Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Two phones calls, about 10-15 minutes each, then a job offer. It wasn't as much of an interview as it was the interviewer explaining the job and asking if you're interested.

The job description was misleading, and it wasn't until week two of training in Washington DC that they admitted to us that the job was nothing like what we were told it would be. It must be hard finding new employees, if you have to resort to blatant lies when recruiting people.

Interview Questions

• Does this sound like a job that you would enjoy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview for research associate position back in May. I met with 2 different hiring managers and felt that I had great interviews and discussions with them. I was told that they "weren't hiring as aggressively" as they used to be, but that if I hadn't heard from them I should take it as a positive sign that they are preparing an offer. After not hearing back the entire month of June, I assumed that this was a good sign. Was finally emailed in July by a lady who wasn't even my recruiter and notified that they had moved on with another candidate...Don't even waste your time applying for this company. Completely unorganized hiring process and they are experts at leading candidates on

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone contact follwed by in house interview. Very friendly and compassionate people.
    After the interview came to understand that they lack the vision and power to bring in Sr. Level individuals - its almost like they are afraid to. Salary offered is lower than market -(which is unexplainable since they claim to be a Billion dollar company. Average Benefits. Advice: Talent Acquisition has to be GUSTY and BOLD in today world. In today's world employee's make the company.

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process went very quickly. Had a phone interview and was asked to come in for an in-person two days later. I interviewed with two different people for 45 minutes each and then shadowed someone for 45 minutes. Honestly don't understand why the process was so long seeing this job could be done by anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

If you can go to one of their Open Houses, do so. It will give you a great idea as to what the "research position" actually entails. The whole thing is about 2 hours. There will be a small presentation, a sit-in with an actual employee (you can observe how they work), and then you will have your interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed during an Open House day in the Washington DC location. Started with a speech from the VP of Research about the company and its history. Next, went to a side-by-side with someone currently in the Research Associate role. Finally, had an one-on-one interview with a Research Manager. Overall, average interview difficulty. They really just wanted to know more about my job history and where I felt like I was headed. I got a call exactly a week later with an offer. I accepted a day later.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied on the costar on my own. I received an email a few days later requesting I set up at phone interview time with the HR manager. She called me that same week and we discussed the benefits of the job and other details about how an in person interview would go, should I be selected to do one. After the phone interview she said based on our conversation she would like to set me up with an in person interview.

I took the redline to the D.C. Office which was really beautiful on the inside. Everyone I came in contact with was positive and welcoming. I sat down with the Hr manager who was really nice and went over how the 2 hour interview was going to go.

Next, I shadowed this really sweet girl and we discussed how she works everyday I got to do a mock phone call which was fun. After sitting with her for a while I met with three managers.

The first manager asked basic questions about my background and history and was a little more serious than the other two. I was asked really straight forward questions. I then me with the other two managers who were SUPER down to earth and kind. We had a very enjoyable interview. I was offered coffee or water on multiple occasions.

Although the interview ended up being almost 3 hours, it was enjoyable and informative. I left with high spirits and feeling positive about possibly working there in the future

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience prepare you for sales?   Answer Question
    • What will motivate you to come in here and work hard everyday   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CoStar Group (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter for 20 minutes, I had a side by side for an hour with another research associate and then I spoke with a manager and a director for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge in your last position and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question