Coach Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coach Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

Informal meeting outside the store. Reviewed the role the ASM plays in the store and brief overview of the company and how it started and where they are going.

Interview Questions

• What attributes do you think you could bring to the team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Coach

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

easy structured more as a conversation, know about the company background and current collection. also know fashion trends. will be asked why coach and what you know about the company.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

Super easy, just tell them how much you would love to be apart of "such an amazing company"... reatil is your life, yadda yadda..
    high-energy with an elevated look. They basically want to find someone who is fun, outspoken, great at communication, and a motivated seller. make sure you let them know you lead by example, and brush up on knowlege of different types of leather.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

A group interview, with personality questions and questions concerning details of the company. First interview was a group interview with two hiring managers. Second interview was one on one with the manager of the department I was applying for. Background check once hired and a 90 day probation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coach (Chicago, IL).

Interview

External hire - interviewed with DM about store location job expectations, requirements, etc. Went through resume. Talked through expectations of company. Meeting sales goals, style, fashion, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

Position is typically hired from within. Management will continuously look at their current staff for bench potential. You must be doing the job before you are given the job. You must act as leader among your teammates.Management is really looking for their next level management early. They want you to be their clear choice before the position is available. One should actively talk with management about future opportunities before these opportunities become available.

When position does become available you will typically interview with the store manager followed by the district manager and finally phone interview with the regional manager, (where applicable). After these processes you are offered a position from your store manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk over current opportunities and successes that you see in the organization.

What skills, knowledge, or attributes can you bring to the existing management team?
      How might you handle conflict resolution with both customers and internal staff members?
      What type of leadership style you prefer and why?
      How might you motivate staff?
      What motivates you?
      How can you drive sales success is key metrics?
      How will you lead team members inline with company values and goals?
      Where do you see your future with the company?
      What is you background prior to joining the company?
      How do you feel the team will respond to your internal promotion?
      How might you handle unease during this transition?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coach (White Plains, NY).

Interview

Recruited off the floor, interviewed with the district manager and then the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (Gainesville, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I walked in to fill out an application. Once i was done they set up an interview right away with the store manager the next week. After that interview i met with the District manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• First question in the interview was Why would I come to an Interview with a handbag that isnt Coach? Good question but I found it to be a little out of line. They will always ask you to sell a handbag and know a little about Coach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Over the phone, talked for a few minutes

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coach (Hershey, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

First interview with the new store manager and a second interview with the district manager. Received a phone call 2 days after that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• None all seemed logical for the position and if you know good customer service and are seasoned in retail none should seem that difficult. I was told more than once that Coach stands behind their managers (as long as it is an intelligent decision) and that they encourage their managers to make decisions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received an amazing offer and did not see the need to "negotiate".

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coach in September 2012.

Interview

Lots of questions around experience. Not many around selling behaviors which they expect a lot from you. First interview was with DM who was not intimidating and very straight forward about the business. Second interview was with the store manager. No real questions around the actual business but around my personal experience and confidence in my self. Great experience with questions they had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate with ease.