Coach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coach (Garden City, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called by another store manager about my application and informed to meet with the district manager on a specific day at one of their locations. when I arrived there were two store managers, and a handful of people that were applying for part time and full time sales. The two managers running the interview had no idea who I was, kept asking me who told me to show up and insinuated that the position I was interviewing for was already filled. The environment was uncomfortable and not positive for anyone who is trying to interview for a higher level position. They eventually asked me if I could come back and meet with the district manager and I said yes but didn't feel at all like this would be a good fit for me because the environment clearly lacked communication and professionalism.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a screening with HR. I was asked basic questions and was told my information would be passed along to the director of the department. A week after speaking with HR, I received notification that the director would like to interview me for the opening. A few days later I had the interview with the director and can you say very bizarre. Initially I was asked four basic questions (straight up text book). What are your strengths? Tell me about yourself? Why Coach? After those basic questions, I was asked if I had any questions. I was shocked because I anticipated more questions and definitely more in-depth questions. Nevertheless, I assumed the director wasn't that experienced interviewing so I didn't hold that against the person. However, the interview took a weird turn after that. I asked my questions and received four word answers. I changed my researched based questions to soft ones, like, " Why do you like Coach" assuming I was boring the director with my previous questions. Yet, I was still getting four word answers. At that point I threw in the towel and thanked the director for the interview. The director didn't even counter with next steps and I knew I didn't have the job so I didn't even ask for next steps. This interview was a waste of my time. I feel like the director was just interviewing me to reach a quota. Yet, in the back of my mind I feel like my ethnicity had a major factor in the lack of engagement.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your salary expectations?
      2. Why Coach?
      3. Tell me about your work history?
      4. What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Honestly, after interviewing the young lady from HR, I had no interest in pursuing this position. She was very passive, a lot of "so" "um" "like" was involved which was not helpful in the interview process. She was probably in an entry level position because I did not have an enjoyable experience interviewing her. No desire to work for Coach after this interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your background experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

We were placed into a large room and departments were set up like a career fair. Little information was given for the positions offered and the interview process. It felt like a mess and after standing there for hours on lines it was exhausting.

Creative Department Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coach.

Interview

I was supposed to have a phone screen on a Monday afternoon. This phone call was set up after a couple of emails to figure out when it could work for both, as usual. But the recruiter never called me.

I sent her an email after this, asking if we could reschedule (assuming that she had forgotten about it or that she was very busy). I was totally being understanding and asked her in a very nice way. I've never got a response. I sent a second email later that week just asking if the position was still available and, again, she never got back to me.

The experience was very shocking and discouraging since I had been referred by a friend who worked there by the time.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I started with a phone interview and it went really well. They were interested in my interior design background and how I would contribute that to their company. I was invited to their office as coach headquarters was moving to their new building. I had two interviews, one with hr again and one with an associate. The one with the associate lasted so long that I did. Or see any of the other people who were supposed to interview me.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY).

Interview

interviewed with 2 different people for half hour each, did not ask such challenging questions but seemed to be looking for a candidate with more work experience. Their company is in the middle of rebranding so everyone was all over the place.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach your workload if you are unable to finish you tasks for the day?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coach (Glendale, AZ).

Interview

Applied through email and got a reply setting up an interview the next day. Interview was held outside the store at a table in a casual manner. I was handled a form to fill out while having a conversation with the store manager. I was told that it takes up to a week to get called back for a second interview. However, I never heard back from the store.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through school career website, and received a phone call next day for an interview. I Interviewed with two managers, nice people and have a lot of passion on coach. After a week, I haven't hear the final decision yet.

Interview Questions

• DO you know the director of Coach? How would you follow up fashion trend?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coach in January 2016.

Interview

Emailed resume, received call for interview within 24 hours. Had a sit down with the manager she explained the position making it clear this was for an advanced seller at expert level, told me about the perks. Was a bit misleading in that the ad was for full time but when I met up with her it changed to part time. Next step was to meet with the regional. I met with her we spoke about the brand some more, as well as my experience which she was impressed by, however she really beat around the bush with pay. I told her what I was expecting she mentioned they had a pay scale but didn't go any further. I didn't hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to apply at Coach? Do you know what SPH stands for?
      What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer