Coach Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a screening with HR. I was asked basic questions and was told my information would be passed along to the director of the department. A week after speaking with HR, I received notification that the director would like to interview me for the opening. A few days later I had the interview with the director and can you say very bizarre. Initially I was asked four basic questions (straight up text book). What are your strengths? Tell me about yourself? Why Coach? After those basic questions, I was asked if I had any questions. I was shocked because I anticipated more questions and definitely more in-depth questions. Nevertheless, I assumed the director wasn't that experienced interviewing so I didn't hold that against the person. However, the interview took a weird turn after that. I asked my questions and received four word answers. I changed my researched based questions to soft ones, like, " Why do you like Coach" assuming I was boring the director with my previous questions. Yet, I was still getting four word answers. At that point I threw in the towel and thanked the director for the interview. The director didn't even counter with next steps and I knew I didn't have the job so I didn't even ask for next steps. This interview was a waste of my time. I feel like the director was just interviewing me to reach a quota. Yet, in the back of my mind I feel like my ethnicity had a major factor in the lack of engagement.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your salary expectations?
      2. Why Coach?
      3. Tell me about your work history?
      4. What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Honestly, after interviewing the young lady from HR, I had no interest in pursuing this position. She was very passive, a lot of "so" "um" "like" was involved which was not helpful in the interview process. She was probably in an entry level position because I did not have an enjoyable experience interviewing her. No desire to work for Coach after this interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your background experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

We were placed into a large room and departments were set up like a career fair. Little information was given for the positions offered and the interview process. It felt like a mess and after standing there for hours on lines it was exhausting.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews in one day and I heard back from HR within the next week. The interview took place at their headquarters. I was greeted by someone from the HR department and had all three interviews back to back. Very well organized process!

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your favorite Coach Bag?
      2. What is your general style?
      3. What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I started with a phone interview and it went really well. They were interested in my interior design background and how I would contribute that to their company. I was invited to their office as coach headquarters was moving to their new building. I had two interviews, one with hr again and one with an associate. The one with the associate lasted so long that I did. Or see any of the other people who were supposed to interview me.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY).

Interview

interviewed with 2 different people for half hour each, did not ask such challenging questions but seemed to be looking for a candidate with more work experience. Their company is in the middle of rebranding so everyone was all over the place.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach your workload if you are unable to finish you tasks for the day?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through school career website, and received a phone call next day for an interview. I Interviewed with two managers, nice people and have a lot of passion on coach. After a week, I haven't hear the final decision yet.

Interview Questions

• DO you know the director of Coach? How would you follow up fashion trend?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by Human Resources and sent to round 2 the same day.
    I met with my would-be boss and the interview was pretty standard. We covered what I did in my old position, how many meetings had to be scheduled, how many people do we touch base with, how many bosses did I support...

Within a day, they called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do we want to work for Coach? What drives you in your position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interview with 2 store managers and district manager , each round lasted about an hour, mostly about your personality and what will you do when encounter a situation

Planning/Allocating Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coach (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website and emailed HR manager directly.
    I was contacted for a phone interview with HR, which was then followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and same HR manager.
    They took a while to get back but ultimately the position was put on hold.