Coastal Carolina University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coastal Carolina University

Assistant to the Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coastal Carolina University (Jacksonville, NC).

Interview

Applied and got a call a month later for an interview. There was a panel of five people. Questions were fairly simple. They were nice, but went with someone else. They did call though to let me know, which was nice so I wasn't waiting around.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a supervisor?   1 Answer

Testing Center Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coastal Carolina University (Conway, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was very smooth and easy. I thought it would be the best job in the world but job only lasted a month and a half. Seemed like the director was forced into retirement and she hired two new bilingual employees to help out during the transition. New director got rid of two new employees and fast as she could. Working for Coastal Carolina University is great however, some employees need more training.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that will help with this position?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coastal Carolina University (Conway, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

Received an email about the interview . Went in the interview was easy . Ask simple questions . Nothing hard . Also brought another student worker in to ask one question .

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem , so you mind asking for help.   1 Answer

Interview

Smooth process, made to feel very welcome. Search Committee members were warm and inviting. Dean was very approachable. Although stressful, I really enjoyed my time during the interviewing process. I think I have said it all, and do not need to keep writing to pad up the minimum requirements.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Coastal Carolina University.

Interview

Typical professor interview process for this type of university: phone interview, and later onsite research presentation and teaching demonstration.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had to negotiate salary because it was so low. Wanted to negotiate other things such as technology and conference travel, etc. and was told this would not be part of the contract.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coastal Carolina University (Conway, SC).

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The search committee seemed pretty laid back and the attendance at my teaching seminar was very low. Everyone was nice, but morale seemed to be lacking.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard - none stand out as being difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy. I asked the Dean for more than the initial offer and he told me the maximum he was authorized to offer, which I accepted.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coastal Carolina University (Conway, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

took place with several staff and student workers at the same time. unorganized and highly political to get the job. If you don't know someone who has worked there for a while don't bother applying.

Interview Questions

• what are the good qualities about myself   1 Answer