Coastline Events Entry Level Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Coastline Events

1 Interview Review

1.0

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coastline Events.

Interview

First off, I had no idea what the position was that I was applying for. After being recommended to this company by a friend, I applied through their website by submitting a resume and cover letter. Their website is extremely vague, and does not show their clients, staff, or show any of the past events they have done. Come to find out, they "events" are booths at Costcos, Sams Clubs, and other grocery stores where they harass customers with as-seen-on-tv products and demonstrations. There was barely an interview. I think I was asked one question, then my interviewer went off on a speech that sounded as if she had recited it 1000 times. She was extremely indirect about the job title I was being interviewed for, the duties and responsibilities, and the salary. When I asked her to break the figure into an hourly salary, it is the CA minimum wage OR commission, whichever is higher at the end of the day. She boasted about their program that excels entry level to executive level in 9-12 months, but could not elaborate more than that, and I get the feeling it is not as easy to move up in the company as they would have it seem. Without asking me any more questions about myself, she asked if it sounded too intense for me, or if it was something that I could handle. Then said that it was all they would have time for, she would be in touch with me at the end of the day, and dismissed me. The entire exchange took about 7 minutes.

Interview Questions

Coastline Events Response

Jun 11, 2015 – President

Coastline Events is a direct marketing company that services the promotional needs of both local and nationally recognized fortune 500 clients. We strive to create innovative direct marketing campaigns for our clients and strive to generate a positive work environment for our team members. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Coastline Events was not in line with your career goals, and we will utilize the feedback on our website to help us improve the way we position ourselves online. Thank You.