Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated.

Interview

Very simple 5 questions. went to office. sat down and had a chat with manager. very average interview. I would do it again if I needed to for any other job. like I said its average just like any other average interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

Anonymous Employee in Leland, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Leland, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview got called back after 20 minutes waiting, asked me about my previous work experience and if I can handle the heavy lifting since I had so much experience in retail they offered me the experienced pay which went from $105 a day to $120 a day

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple ten to twenty minutes. Not very challenging, just fed them answers based on what they would want to hear. No critical thinking questions, more of a meet and greet/where do you see yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Charleston, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

It started off introducing myself to the hiring manager and a route manager. I asked the first question, which was why do y'all work at CCBCC and what has been some positive points at this place of business. It turned into myself interviewing them to see if i would really like to work there. I am pretty blunt person, I don't candy coat anything and I expect the company I work for doesn't do it either. The interview went very well and I now work for CCBCC.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your own time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Durham, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

One Interview with HR person and supervisor, not many questions. Questions about retail experience, appearance, safety, handling customers. Was told background check federal level, job offered a week later and called in for drug test. Told me there will be an orientation the following week. Never called me back again for an exact date. A lot of time wasted

Interview Questions

• how would handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations just accepted pay rate. Never called me back for an orientation or to give me a start date. Why

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Louisville, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

Come in tell them your avalible schedule if you tell them you like charity work you get the job was not informed i would be working a minimum of 12 hours per day

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR about 2 weeks later. We spoke about an hour on the call on a Friday evening and he said I would get a call for an interview in a few days. I got a call and was scheduled a date to come in a few days later. I went in suit and tie and it was a panel interview and the interviewers were dressed a little better than casual. The interview went about an hour and a half and I was told I would be given a call within a week. Three weeks went by when I decided to call them and find out they hired from within.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to do something you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (New Bern, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call a few days later, did a face to face interview within 10 days. After the face to face interview and a passed drug test, returned to the office to go over company values and what the average work day would consist of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a receptionist to schedule an interview in their main office in Charlotte. I arrived to their office, 10-15 minutes early. I waited in the waiting room for about 55 minutes. 55 minutes! Remember, I gave them the courtesy of arriving 10-15 minutes before the scheduled interview! At one point I thought about just leaving the office cause it was so disrespectful. So finally the guy shakes my hand and leads me to his office.

He starts asking some fairly basic questions, nothing that was a curveball. He asks "Tell me about yourself, I see that you are new to the area. Why did you come down here?" I responded "Well I came down here to go to school, Im currently in _____________ university."

Now before I get to the next part, let me give you background info. I put in the application that I would need to have work scheduled moved around my school schedule.

(This is still very early into the interview) He goes on about what specific days I will be working (which I knew already, it was in the application). I was fine with the days chosen, but to make sure, I asked "I just want to make sure you guys can work around my school schedule." Immediately he closes his folder, and says very nastily "Yea we cant have the schedule work around your school. This interview is over". He extends his hand for me to shake and I am just sitting there a little confused. He actually kicked me out of the job interview just because they cant work around the schedule. I am fine with them telling me that, but, respectfully, I waited for almost an hour for you to get ready. You could have at least been respectful in finishing the interview, even if that was a major requirement.

All in all, the interviewer was disrespectful and had no common courtesy. I am almost glad that I didn't get the job because I figured that would be my manager. Who would want to work with that person?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you did at __________ job.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a reliable method of transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

They bring you in make it sound like it's the greatest but what they don't tell you is everyday is a 14 hr day you get no help they only pay for the miles in between stores. Not the 40 miles to the 1 location and the 40 sometimes 50 home. You get no help.