Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Merchandiser

Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

2.2

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR about 2 weeks later. We spoke about an hour on the call on a Friday evening and he said I would get a call for an interview in a few days. I got a call and was scheduled a date to come in a few days later. I went in suit and tie and it was a panel interview and the interviewers were dressed a little better than casual. The interview went about an hour and a half and I was told I would be given a call within a week. Three weeks went by when I decided to call them and find out they hired from within.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to do something you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Clayton, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was fairly standard and seemed inconsequential. I had applied online months before and all but forgotten about it until I was called in for an interview and hired at the end of it. They did require my Social Security card and would not accept a passport (which you need a SS card to get) or other substitute like every other job I've had.

Interview Questions

• It really seemed like the interview questions were just out of an Interviewing for Dummies handbook or something. The standard questions where they asked about how in my past work experience how I've dealt with difficulties and all that jazz.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really at this entry-level position. Corporate-set and not like they couldn't find someone else to do it for the 10.xx/hr plus mileage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Clarksburg, WV) in August 2010.

Interview

Very slow the manger cant make his own decisions on anything, he always has to ask another manager for help. very self absorbed and very disrespectful. The application has to go through so many peoples hands that it takes a while for the local office to get your paperwork to set up onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• not sure that there was any, the manger was so in experienced even after boasting he was in the position for a long time   1 Answer

Manager was unsure if he would keep all the people he was willng to hire

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Stockton, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard,met with two managers. Asked about my experience and if i am dependable. Standard stuff i guess. One of the managers barely said anything,but the chick talked allot. They forgot to mention that you have to work 10+ hours a day and sometimes mandatory Saturdays. Work is very very hard labor.

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Lynchburg, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

the interview was laid back. It was in a chic-fila with the sales manager who just wanted to meet me and go over the job. I had it as soon as I said I worked hard.

Interview Questions

• They just described the job and ask mea few basic questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Charleston, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

It started off introducing myself to the hiring manager and a route manager. I asked the first question, which was why do y'all work at CCBCC and what has been some positive points at this place of business. It turned into myself interviewing them to see if i would really like to work there. I am pretty blunt person, I don't candy coat anything and I expect the company I work for doesn't do it either. The interview went very well and I now work for CCBCC.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your own time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a receptionist to schedule an interview in their main office in Charlotte. I arrived to their office, 10-15 minutes early. I waited in the waiting room for about 55 minutes. 55 minutes! Remember, I gave them the courtesy of arriving 10-15 minutes before the scheduled interview! At one point I thought about just leaving the office cause it was so disrespectful. So finally the guy shakes my hand and leads me to his office.

He starts asking some fairly basic questions, nothing that was a curveball. He asks "Tell me about yourself, I see that you are new to the area. Why did you come down here?" I responded "Well I came down here to go to school, Im currently in _____________ university."

Now before I get to the next part, let me give you background info. I put in the application that I would need to have work scheduled moved around my school schedule.

(This is still very early into the interview) He goes on about what specific days I will be working (which I knew already, it was in the application). I was fine with the days chosen, but to make sure, I asked "I just want to make sure you guys can work around my school schedule." Immediately he closes his folder, and says very nastily "Yea we cant have the schedule work around your school. This interview is over". He extends his hand for me to shake and I am just sitting there a little confused. He actually kicked me out of the job interview just because they cant work around the schedule. I am fine with them telling me that, but, respectfully, I waited for almost an hour for you to get ready. You could have at least been respectful in finishing the interview, even if that was a major requirement.

All in all, the interviewer was disrespectful and had no common courtesy. I am almost glad that I didn't get the job because I figured that would be my manager. Who would want to work with that person?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you did at __________ job.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a reliable method of transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Durham, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

One Interview with HR person and supervisor, not many questions. Questions about retail experience, appearance, safety, handling customers. Was told background check federal level, job offered a week later and called in for drug test. Told me there will be an orientation the following week. Never called me back again for an exact date. A lot of time wasted

Interview Questions

• how would handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations just accepted pay rate. Never called me back for an orientation or to give me a start date. Why

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Akron, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Short interview two people conducting the actual interview sort of like good cop bad cop one person doin the interview was very engaged polite asked all the questions while the other gentleman seemed irate or like he didnt wanna be there just made sighs ever so often or I even noticed him texting a couple times

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (Greensboro, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by their manpower representative within a day or two. They wanted to set up an interview the next morning; ended up being able to get there about a week later. Manpower was polite, helpful and professional, though if they had known more about the compensation setup we wouldn't have invested as much of each other's time.
    The interview was performed by two merchandising managers/supervisors in their office.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle 10-12hr work days consistently?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle driving your own car?
      Example one man manager gave involved 40,000mi/yr.   1 Answer