Coca-Cola Company ACCOUNT MANAGER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview

phone interview, face to face interview, sales pitch. STAR format

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you didn't have all of the necessary tools to complete a task. How did you overcome the obstacle?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a suggested rate of pay depending on your location and experience

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR will contact you for a phone screening, If your skill align with the job you will be asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the DSM and/or ASM to interview. The interview will be based on behavioral questions align with the companies core competencies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to address a conflict. What was the situation and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was non-negotiable

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online for the account manager position and a week later I receive a phone call from a recruiter in GA. The phone called consisted of information about yourself, background, and why you want to work for Coca-Cola. The recruiter then sets you up for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 ASM and they asked you between 5-7 behavioral questions and you should answer them in the STAR format. You then are asked at the end to do a role play. They give you a piece of paper with a scenario on it and they leave the room for 10 minutes to give you time to prepare yourself.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you experienced problems with another group member and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed on campus about 5 years ago and met a very experienced recruiter who took me through the position description and then presented a case study. she gave me 10 mins or so to read it , walk out and walk in and make a sales presentation. I thought I did well but did not get an offer. It was for the best though as I now make over $500k /yr and I own over $150k of Coke stock.

Interview Questions

• She played a very upset soda fountain customer and I had to rectify a bad situation.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Call from recruiter, answer basic questions and then face to face interview. they give the same situation everytime. Selling in energy drinks to Mom and pop C-store next to a college using the STAR method. pretty basic. also the cookie cutter interview questions. tell me a time when....you had to deal with a problem and couldnt find a solution, what was the outcome,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Peoria, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

The hiring processs starts first from a intial phone interview and after the phone interview 2 interviews follow.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview

The interview was a standard sales interview using the STAR (Situation Task Action Result) format.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was an offer I countered it took them an additional day to meet that expectation.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I applied via Hotjobs and received a call back three months later. Simple 15 minute face to face interview that was followed up by a very informal hour long face to face interview. It took a while to hear back but once the process started it went very quickly. Overall a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• All were "think of a time when" questions. Simply use the STAR format when answering and it will be a breeze.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview

Very brief review of computer skills, sales force automation etc. Basic overall of what to expect but lead to believe it is manageable to complete tasks expected of you. Ability to lift 50lbs or more if neccessary.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take full ownership of the accounts you sell to? Do you have sales experience and solid time management skills? Have you ever worked in retail environement.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in December 2011.

Interview

I spoke with recruiter at a University career fair (alumni were invited). I received an email from the recruiter approximately 3 weeks later and then a call to set up an interview.

The interview was with two sales manager (1 District and 1 Area). The interview consisted of a basic description of the position, 3 behavioral questions that were judged using the S.T.A.R system, a role play and time for my questions. The managers were VERY personable, so I tried to set a friendly tone for the interview. Make a good first impression.

The 3 questions went well. The managers took notes while I spoke and seemed pleased with my responses. There were no follow-up questions.

The role play was basic. I played the Coke rep. One of the managers played a customer. The other manager took notes. I was given a single page that contained info about the customer and my goal (increase the value of the account). You have 5-10 minutes alone to prepare. Be relax and confident. Don't get rattled by the manager's questions. Think about WHY the customer should want the products and explain that in a friendly way. The manager (customer) commented on how poorly the previous Account Manager was quite a few times (probably to see if I was rattled). Win the customer over with passion and personality. In the end, the managers seemed pleased with my interview and commented on how well I adapted. One manager asked if I'd done role plays before (I haven't).

Approximately 2 weeks later, I was called and asked to come back to the location for a "ride along" with a current Account Manager. This was simply the company's way of "pulling the curtain back" and giving the candidate a look at what the job is like. The Account Manager told me that this was mainly used to make sure that I still wanted the job. I was told some candidates didn't like the shelf stocking, "dirty" side of the job. If you've worked retail, it's no big deal. Be friendly and professional. The next day, I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you coached/developed an employee. What was the outcome? (Problem solving and team-building question)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw a co-worker (not a sub-ordinate) having a problem at work. What did you do? (working in a team and problem-solving question)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was told at the career fair that the pay was "in the low 40s," and the Account Manager reiterated that during the "ride along."

I was offered $43K and was glad that the amount was on the higher end of the "low 40s." That was an increase from my last position, and the position will build my resume. There's a potential bonus at the end of each trimester that goes up to $3K ($9K per year), and there's potential for an additional bonus for outstanding performance. I'm very happy with that compensation plan.

Company cars are being phased out for all employees, so the company now provides a monthly car/gas allowance or $0.55 per mile and a depreciation check IF your car is within 5 years of the current year.