Coca-Cola Company ACCOUNT MANAGER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coca-Cola Company ACCOUNT MANAGER Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on-line 2 months ago. 30-40 minute phone interview with HR. At the end of the interview I was told that the position is no longer available but a possible new position might be opening up and they when it was put on-line I would be contacted. I ran across the listing with no contact from HR. I was contacted a week later that an face to face interview was set up. It was a nice laid back interview and was really quick. It was only three situation based questions and a mock sales call. It lasted about 25 minutes total. I don't understand with over 20 years of sales experience how a company can evaluate someone and make decisions with this type of interview. I guess they ARE only looking for people that do not have a lot of experience like what is stated in most of the reviews from employees.

Interview Questions

• Basic "tell me a time when" type of questions. Nothing really hard if you have been in sales.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

You apply online and then wait for a phone call. They go over some basic questions over the phone such as why do you think you would be a good fit for this position. Tell me about some of your qualifications for this position. They then discuss the job and whats required and allow you to ask questions. After that you will interview in a panel style star format interview with a role play at the end of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an troublesome member of your team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to be interviewed by three DSM's, but it ended up being only two. STAR formatted questions followed by a sales pitch role-play. About an hour long with the role-play. It's easier than it sounds as long as you practice beforehand. They'll sit you down at a table and make small talk for a bit before jumping into the questions. They'll ask you questions for about 20-30 minutes before giving you a page to review for 10 minutes with a hypothetical customer scenario. They'll leave the room to give you time to review. Then one of them will play the customer and you are to play the account manager trying to convince the customer to buy Coca-Cola products instead of the competitor's.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Coca-Cola product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked about myself, my education, why I wanted to work there, STAR questions, etc. Roleplay at the end with 10 minutes prep time to decide what to say. I had to decide how I would sell three different coke products to a small store with a stubborn manager. Really wasn't that hard, just do your research on the company beforehand and seem very passionate to work there. I did well on the interview, but I was passed up for someone with more experience.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in January 2015.

Interview

This is an amendment to my previous post. I have since been notified that I did not get the job. My biggest issues here are some of the lack of professionalism involved. Firstly, my interviewers strolled in from lunch approx. 30 mins after our scheduled interview time (I watched them walk in whilst sweating in an overheated open floor office setting). I was also told by the recruiter before my interview that "the odds were in my favor" because they were hiring multiple employees for this role. I have years of grocery customer service experience and a college degree mind you. I was also told I did well during the role play portion of the interview (the most important part) and I still did not get the job. This may sound like ranting or complaining, but I think given the above statements from both the interviewers and recruiter, and not getting an offer, I have the right to voice my displeasure and the lack of professionalism. As you can see, I'm a smart guy who had lots to offer this company.

Interview Questions

• STAR format, I think these types of interviews need to change their format. The STAR format lends itself to one simply "making up" scenarios to satisfy a given "question." The interviews need to be more about what you've done. There is really no way to show personality in this format.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Bronx, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple, a few questions asked nothing to difficult. General interview questions about past history and situations you've encountered. Pretty simple, a few questions asked nothing to difficult. General interview questions about past history and situations you've encountered.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with senior management.
    I had ten minutes to review and then role play by selling in what I had just reviewed. They were happy with my role play and even gave me advice afterwards. They shared their experience with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite beverage from Coca-Cola   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Call from recruiter, answer basic questions and then face to face interview. they give the same situation everytime. Selling in energy drinks to Mom and pop C-store next to a college using the STAR method. pretty basic. also the cookie cutter interview questions. tell me a time when....you had to deal with a problem and couldnt find a solution, what was the outcome,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Jackson, MO).

Interview

Interview process uses STAR. They want questions to be answered with great details. I have had two interviews by them. I want this job REALLY bad. My down fall is not having sales experience, which I am trying to hard to get. The questions are simple. Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a team member and how you approached or resolved it. At the end, they do a role play where you are the sales rep and they are the store you are trying to persuade to sell more of their products.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any. Pretty easy.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed on campus about 5 years ago and met a very experienced recruiter who took me through the position description and then presented a case study. she gave me 10 mins or so to read it , walk out and walk in and make a sales presentation. I thought I did well but did not get an offer. It was for the best though as I now make over $500k /yr and I own over $150k of Coke stock.

Interview Questions

• She played a very upset soda fountain customer and I had to rectify a bad situation.   Answer Question