Coca-Cola Company Market Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coca-Cola Company Market Development Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with the Area Sales Manager. Basic conversation to talk about life college, where I see myself years from now. Very laid back stress free interview environment. Asked about coca-cola products and which ones were my favorite

Interview Questions

• sell me this sun tan lotion here   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received phone call a few days later for phone screen with HR Talent Acquisition Rep. Next step was face-to-face with two DSMs at local distribution center. Interview was 30-40 minutes, STAR format with "tell me about a time" questions (5-ish questions total). There was no sales role play at all, which I found interesting because most others reported having one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer...

Tell me a time you worked with a team...
      Answer Question

Market Development Manager Interview

Interview

First is a phone interview and then in person interview. All salary goes through talent person. During in person interview there is a role play where you sell to the interviewer. I.e. President of a school wants to have a healthy mix.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Peoria, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

HR called to set up face-to-face interview, I interviewed with 1 person, it last about 45min. They wanted to know about my past job experiences and my current role. They asked me about 4-5 STAR format questions. No role playing. They said the person they pick will have one more phone interview with Division manager I believe. Don't know yet if I will get the job, as they are still interviewing other people, it may a week to find out after this first interview.

Interview Questions

• All STAR format - tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Sylmar, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen comes first then you're referred over to the hiring manager. Star format interview process regarding past experiences overall around their values then you do a sales role play. Do your homework on the company. This was my 5th interview with absolutely no positive feedback from the managers on what they want in their Market Development Manager's. I come with a good amount of experience and a degree. Seems like the only want people with beverage experience. Thanks anyway Coke.

Interview Questions

• Give me one of your best qualities and explain why you chose that   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Reading, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

WAITING FOR FINAL DECISION AND WILL ACCEPT IF OFFERED:
    Applied on Coca-Cola's career website. Took the online assessment they require. Afterwards, a recruiter contacted me about a week or so later. Had initial screening call from recruiter which went well. Recruiter just asked about background and resume. Then moved along to an interview with the district manager. This happened rather quickly after the recruiter screened me (next day actually). Utilized STAR format. Ask about situations when client was not happy and how I resolved it and several other similar questions. Why you want to work at Coca-Cola etc... Had a 10 minute mock sales pitch where a situation was provided: Trying to get a local high school as an account who currently has Pepsi but school is unhappy with Pepsi. There are some numbers they give you about price per unit etc...Advise is if you don't know company product line get to know it. Use your smart phone while you are there if you need to. Crunch some numbers etc.. Recruiter then emailed me to inquire about how the interview went. Afterwards recruiter called back requesting a phone interview with regional sales director. The phone interview was more casual and informal and took place about 4 days after the face to face with district manager. Someone previously posted on glassdoor if you get the 2nd phone interview you are "as good as gold". This simply is not true. Company is still deciding on you and whoever else made it that far. The 2nd phone interview is not reserved for the final candidate. Found this out because I saw on my Coca-Cola career account page that the job was FILLED. So I contacted the recruiter to thank her for her assistance throughout the process and she informed me it was no filled yet and they are deciding between another candidate and me. So obviously there is no "good as gold" if you get to _________ spot. Currently waiting on their final decision, which I was told may be a few days or weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Coca-Cola?
      Why do you think you are a good fit for this company?
      Describe a time when you had to help a client who was unhappy and how you resolved it?- STAR format
      Answer Question

Market Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Interview

I filled out the basic online application and about eight weeks later I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is basically screening you and was very simple. After this I was scheduled for an in person interview with the regional sales manager and director which lasted about an hour. They said they would contact back next week but two weeks later and the hiring manager says they have still not made a decision. The interview consisted of mostly behavior based questions, think STAR.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview which was fairly standard. I had to do a test online that reviewed skills i am assuming for reporting. If qualified next comes the face to face.
    You meet with sales managers. they ask you the common questions but also make you run through a scenario where they see your sales capability

Market Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screen which was basic info. In person interview was laid back and included star format questions , describe a situation when ... Etc. Mock sales pitch . Placing vending machines in a high school that is concerned about nutrition . Very laid back and good atmosphere . Interview went well

Interview Questions

• Give a 10 minute mock sales pitch . You ha e 10 mins to prepare with provided info .   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary based on expo wrench . I was told that it ranges from 40-50k I was offer 48k based on previous experience .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coca-Cola Company (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online in December or 2014 and never heard anything from them. Over two months later I received a phone call from one for their recruiters. We set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview she asked me many question in regards to former sales jobs. I told her many times that I had never worked a sales job and my degree is in marketing and advertising not sales. She still instead I tell her about me closing a sale. So I told here about a entree I sold at a restaurant wheel getting through college.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time you had a challenge in closing a deal and how you closed it?   1 Answer