Coco Juku English Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coco Juku (Tokyo (Japan)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website(from USA). They are sister companies to Gaba. After I applied, I got an email asking me to provided references and other info. I emailed all the info back and I was sent an e-invitation to set-up an interview through their scheduling system. After I chose a time slot, there was no communication before the Skype interview. I was surprised because when I interview with Gaba and Nova around the same time, there was constant communication and professionalism. Then came the interview. The interviewer was unprepared in that he said I didn't send my references and info asked. I checked my email again and saw it was confirmed received by a "no-name" human resources person. So I was a bit annoyed he didn't get it the first time and send I didn't send it. he asked me if I was flexible (most companies want you to be), location I want to teach, etc. Then we did a practice lesson. After he said he need the info and references again. My thought was that "I came prepared, why didn't the company?" I was an English instructor in Tokyo for 5 years, so I was hoping for a little more professionalism but I ended up not sending any info. he said it would take 14 days to get back to me with an answer. I received a no-hire email on the 15th day (again no professionalism). To say the least, they weren't at the top of my list given the reviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain two different words meaning to a beginner( ie. carry vs hold, think vs know)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Coco Juku

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Coco Juku.

Interview

Took about 3 months to complete the process. I got a interview offer, followed by a only interview. I finally heard back from then 3 weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can teach English to Japanese students?   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coco Juku (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2012.

Interview

Send in a resume and cover letter, provide visa/passport information. If they are interested they email you to set up an interview by skype or phone with an interviewer in Australia. The interview is often redundant with the online questions and resume, especially with immigration questions.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of the present perfect tense.   1 Answer
    • What would you say is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sendai, Miyagi (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coco Juku (Sendai, Miyagi (Japan)) in July 2012.

Interview

Emails, emails, emails. Web interview, not face-to-face. Demo lesson through web interview. More emails. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Placement location. Waiting.Waiting. Training date. Change in placement location. Change in training date. Change in training location. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Training and shipping out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coco Juku (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. You submit your resume, they call you.

Dress in a suit and speak with confidence. As long as you speak English on a native level and pass their grammar exam you will get a call back.

They are desperately to hire as many aren't accepting their job offers.

Interview Questions

• Any teaching experience?   1 Answer
    • Are you available from 7am-10pm 7 days a week?   1 Answer