Code and Theory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Code and Theory Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Interview

There was a fairly technical phone screen, and a partly technical, partly behavioral interview with two senior level developers. The senior developers all knew their stuff and were very personable. They diversified the process by throwing in a one-on-one with a member from a different department, so it gave some insight into how the company worked and the people worked together.

Interview Questions

• Good question, but it was mostly behavioral and testing for cultural fit once I got past the phone screen.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Interview

phone interview, common interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why are you interested, your relevant experience

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Showcased portfolio. Answered process questions. Talked about how I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relaxed. They were open to consideration.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY).

Interview

Red flags. Quick...too quick. Got an email from HR about an open position. They wanted me to come in for one interview and mentioned that there were nothing else in the process. Went in and it seemed disorganized as HR was scrambling to find the people who would interview me. Interviewed with 3 people individually who would be working above me. HR comes in afterwards and offers the position on the spot and tells me to think about it. Next business day I reach out asking for more information since the interview was vague - no job description and the team was still figuring out where they wanted me to go and do. In the interview, it was mentioned that I'd most likely be working on this specific account and I was excited. Starting a few weeks later, I was put on a different account working on different marketing efforts and still no written job description/expectations. HR was not open to negotiation and by bringing it up they didn't answer my phone call and actually rescinded the offer by email, until I replied telling them I was trying to reach them to accept. Another red flag as HR is the first representation of a company...

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement?   2 Answers

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process began with a detailed email exchange, which moved on to a technical phone interview. Once I made it through the technical phone interview, I was asked to come to NYC and meet with the tech. director and a few others (a project manager, another developer) in person. The in-person interview lasted a few hours and was very comprehensive. I really enjoyed everyone I met with, and the company atmosphere and environment was pleasant and positive. Overall, I believe I would have enjoyed working with this team of people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete a series of coding exercises using pen and paper.   Answer Question

I was seeking a higher salary than was offered.

Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY).

Interview

This is a very busy environment so if there are changes or people interviewing you that you might not have known about - don't be surprised.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite ads running now and why? What other agencies do you admire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a fair offer.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

employee referal, HR contacted me, two phone interviews and then an offer

Director of Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The Partners, Founders and everyone I met with was very thorough and had great questions.
    Everyone was open, honest and prepared to answer any question I had, regardless of the difficulty.
    I was hired to start the recruitment division so my process was different than what people might experience now. The current recruitment team is excellent, responsive and give feedback regardless of the interview outcome. An overall great experience.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Too many questions, nice and smart people. Lasted way too long. There was definitely a good cop bad cop scenario going on. Overall the interview went good for both sides.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It was nice, they gave me water. They have nice artwork in the reception area, and candy to eat. They had a room for me to sit in, and the temperature was perfect in that room.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you go to college?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate. I've heard from coworkers that the negotiation process can be good, if you are the right person.