Code and Theory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Code and Theory Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Code and Theory (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in June 2016.

Interview

Introduced to hiring manager by recruiter. Process was simple and straightforward, meeting with hiring manager, multiple visits to the office, sharp questions pertaining to position. Initially requirement was vague but was clarified during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences and what would you do should you get the position   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY).

Interview

Red flags. Quick...too quick. Got an email from HR about an open position. They wanted me to come in for one interview and mentioned that there were nothing else in the process. Went in and it seemed disorganized as HR was scrambling to find the people who would interview me. Interviewed with 3 people individually who would be working above me. HR comes in afterwards and offers the position on the spot and tells me to think about it. Next business day I reach out asking for more information since the interview was vague - no job description and the team was still figuring out where they wanted me to go and do. In the interview, it was mentioned that I'd most likely be working on this specific account and I was excited. Starting a few weeks later, I was put on a different account working on different marketing efforts and still no written job description/expectations. HR was not open to negotiation and by bringing it up they didn't answer my phone call and actually rescinded the offer by email, until I replied telling them I was trying to reach them to accept. Another red flag as HR is the first representation of a company...

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement?   2 Answers

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with their best designers and senior management. Typical portfolio walk through with the designers. An introduction to upcoming projects and my potential placement on them. A walk through of the beautiful facilities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to do that?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory in April 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic interview questions. I do feel some senior members were up tight and tried to prove that there method was the right way. When asking about the typical day, they seem to try and prepare you for a lot of late nights and weekends.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle testing an application on multiple devices   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It was nice, they gave me water. They have nice artwork in the reception area, and candy to eat. They had a room for me to sit in, and the temperature was perfect in that room.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you go to college?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate. I've heard from coworkers that the negotiation process can be good, if you are the right person.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Too many questions, nice and smart people. Lasted way too long. There was definitely a good cop bad cop scenario going on. Overall the interview went good for both sides.

Director of Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The Partners, Founders and everyone I met with was very thorough and had great questions.
    Everyone was open, honest and prepared to answer any question I had, regardless of the difficulty.
    I was hired to start the recruitment division so my process was different than what people might experience now. The current recruitment team is excellent, responsive and give feedback regardless of the interview outcome. An overall great experience.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

employee referal, HR contacted me, two phone interviews and then an offer

Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Code and Theory (New York, NY).

Interview

This is a very busy environment so if there are changes or people interviewing you that you might not have known about - don't be surprised.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite ads running now and why? What other agencies do you admire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a fair offer.

User Experience Designer Interview

Interview

phone interview, common interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why are you interested, your relevant experience